Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM

13 posts, read 28,014 times

Advertisements

Telfair's property taxes are 3.31%. Only a true monkey would buy a house in telfair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM

7 posts, read 19,293 times
Everytime I have visited Telfair model homes , I still see alot of genuine buyers working with the builders . And the lots seem to be selling fast inspite of the high tax and economy.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM

164 posts, read 364,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytagman View Post
Telfair's property taxes are 3.31%. Only a true monkey would buy a house in telfair.
There are million dollar houses near the lake. These poeple are paying 33k property tax each year. 33k is a lot of money. Can buy a new car each year.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 PM

13 posts, read 28,014 times
I am sure there will be many many foreclosures in Telfair in the coming years due to the high tax rates. High tax rates only serve to drive down the home values and incite people to "walk away" from underwater mortgages.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:29 PM

164 posts, read 364,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytagman View Post
I am sure there will be many many foreclosures in Telfair in the coming years due to the high tax rates. High tax rates only serve to drive down the home values and incite people to "walk away" from underwater mortgages.
I disagree. Telfair has many mid range price homes which are still affordable.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,821,369 times
Telfair's tax rate is not really high in comparison to other new home communities. To older neighborhoods yes, but not in comparison to similar new home master planned communties.

Telfair, along with Cinco Ranch are some of the hottest selling communities in the nation and have been for a few years. The clientele are mostly professionals..engineers, business owners, entrepreneurs, bankers..etc. That isn't exactly the profile of a foreclosure community.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Telfair's tax rate is not really high in comparison to other new home communities. To older neighborhoods yes, but not in comparison to similar new home master planned communties.

Telfair, along with Cinco Ranch are some of the hottest selling communities in the nation and have been for a few years. The clientele are mostly professionals..engineers, business owners, entrepreneurs, bankers..etc. That isn't exactly the profile of a foreclosure community.
What he said.

Everyone wants their cake and eat it, too. If you are in a brand new community because you want a brand new house, higher taxes come with that for awhile. Water districts cost money.

Foreclosure communities were those that had in-house lenders that gave everyone a loan if they could fog a mirror. Those days are gone everywhere. Master planned communities never went that route. People who will go to another lender other than in-house lenders weren't the type that behaved in an irresponsible way. They just preferred to use a lender they had used before.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,835 times
Don't pay more than $100-$110 per S/F even in a new neighborhood such as Telfair or Riverstone. Builders are HUNGRY and this is THE buyer time. Make sure you make it the buyer time and don't be shy to make insulting offers. You will be surprised of results. My wife never go shopping with me

Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,330 times
We are looking to sign a contract for a new to-be-built house in Telfair too. This house is to be built in the new section close to US 59. The builder is not budging on the offer, can we negotiate on a to be built house? Any advice?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:39 AM

739 posts, read 2,136,053 times
I live in Royal Lakes Estates (approximately 5 minutes away from Telfair). I purchased a little over 4500 sq ft, on lake, with pool for around $78 sq ft. No it was not a foreclosure. Add in the $20K custom drapes and 40 windows with hunter douglas blinds and iron rail fence enlcosing my 1 acre, I think I got a good deal. $130 is too much. There still are a lot of pretty new, existing homes out there that are great buys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston