Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:09 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,520,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfairre View Post
Good points.

In regards to the developer (General Growth Properties), they are definitely sparing no expense on Bridgeland. They have spent a ton of money on landscaping, planting trees, parks, lakes, etc.
I believe the Howard Hughes Corporation is the developer now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,192,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
You're right.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 PM

95 posts, read 322,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Oh wow. I completely missed that news! You are correct!

Howard Hughes is one of the General Growth Properties spin offs from its bankruptcy reorganization.

It is good to see that Howard Hughes stock is up over 40% since it started trading about a month ago.

Howard Hughes Corporation (The) Common Stock: NYSE:HHC quotes & news - Google Finance

The pending GGP bankruptcy put a damper on Bridgeland sales in 2009. Nobody knew if the development was going to continue with its master plan.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,520,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfairre View Post
The pending GGP bankruptcy put a damper on Bridgeland sales in 2009. Nobody knew if the development was going to continue with its master plan.
Yes, and from what I hear Bridgeland had a very good year in 2010, sales were much stronger.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM

119 posts, read 504,571 times
I looked up Howard Hughes Corp and it says that HHC operates as a subsidiary of General Growth Properties. So, if GGP is in bankruptcy, will this affect HHC?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,192,790 times
From what I understand, the Howard Hughes Corp was not affected at all. General Growth reorganized and is out of bankruptcy.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM

95 posts, read 322,504 times
Howard Hughes was spun off from GGP as its own entity as part of GGP's bankruptcy reorganization. So, it is now its own company.

GGP is also now out of bankruptcy although that no longer has any bearing to Bridgeland.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:16 PM

7 posts, read 22,932 times
My wife and I moved there not too long ago. We absolutely love it. Who cares about what is to come? Look at all the people who live in Cinco and dealt with I-10 forever. Now, look at their property values. And, don't let people scare you about the proprty tax. I would much rather pay a higher property tax just like the rest of my neighbors that way I know they can afford it too. That means those kinds of people will not have their cars up on blocks, will maintain their yards and hello...not many rentals!!! You get what you pay for!

Old 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM

239 posts, read 638,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Home Boy View Post
And, don't let people scare you about the proprty tax. I would much rather pay a higher property tax just like the rest of my neighbors that way I know they can afford it too. That means those kinds of people will not have their cars up on blocks, will maintain their yards and hello...not many rentals!!! You get what you pay for!
Um, yeah, because people who are smart enough to buy into older and/or less tax-burdened neighborhoods automatically have the cars-up-on-blocks mentality. You either overpay and burden yourself with excess taxes and fees or you jack your car up. No grey area there at all.

Last edited by GettaClue; 04-03-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,868 times
Be careful when purchasing in Bridgeland. If you want a quiet comfortable place to live you can forget it. The lots are so small that the A/C units end up 6' from your windows. There is no rule about what side of the house your garage goes on. The A/C units usually go on the same side as the garage. There is a good chance you will get the A/C from both neighbors along with your own. Can you imagine the noise from (6) A/C units? The builders don't care they just want to throw them up and sell them. BUYER BE WARE,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston