Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

Manena's Pastry Shop & Deli.
its an Argentinian Bakery on westheimer @ Wilcrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 PM

410 posts, read 1,495,301 times
Hmmmmm.........Tres Leches! It reminds me of cornbread and milk but sweet milk. Very delish!

Anyone know of any in the Katy area?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,301 times
Check the Taqueria Arandas on the Katy Freeway feeder road between either Mason Road and Fry Road, or Mason Road and Peek Road, on the eastbound side. All this talk of tres leches cake is going to make me get on emade for my family for Christmas. Thanks, you can never get enough tres leches cake. It is delicious!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
Churrascos is my pick. They've been deliciously consistant for decades with tres leches.

Lol, where in the world is Danbury?
Danbury is kind of near Angleton.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberazeneth View Post
Check the Taqueria Arandas on the Katy Freeway feeder road between either Mason Road and Fry Road, or Mason Road and Peek Road, on the eastbound side. All this talk of tres leches cake is going to make me get on emade for my family for Christmas. Thanks, you can never get enough tres leches cake. It is delicious!!!!
Thanks I didn't know there was one in the area. I'm going this weekend!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Happy 2 View Post
Thanks I didn't know there was one in the area. I'm going this weekend!

Your welcome!! Don't forget to save me a slice!!! Also, don't stop at just the tres leches at Arandas, try the flan (pronounced flon).

Old 12-17-2010, 12:03 PM

55 posts, read 152,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ The origins of the tres leches are disputed . However, the earliest record of the recipe was found in Nicaragua.
The idea for creating a cake soaked in a liquid is probably of European origin, as similar cakes, such as rum cake from Puerto Rico and tiramisu from Italy, use this method.

A Tres leches cake, or Pastel Tres leches (Spanish, "Three milk cake"), or Pan Tres Leches (Spanish, "Three milk bread"), is a sponge cake—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream.
When butter is not used, the tres leches is a very light cake, with many air bubbles.
This distinct texture is why it does not have a soggy consistency, despite being soaked in a mixture of three types of milk.
At some restaurants in Texas and Florida, the addition of Dulce de Leche creates what is known as a cuatro leches ("four milks") cake. "Dulce de Leche" is a very milky and thick texture caramel.
Tres leches cake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i want cinco leches...

thanks for the detailed info, I always learn here from the forum. Happy Holidays everyone..

Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberazeneth View Post
Your welcome!! Don't forget to save me a slice!!! Also, don't stop at just the tres leches at Arandas, try the flan (pronounced flon).
I'll try to save you a slice but don't count on it....I don't think I can do the flan. I've tried it a couple times and I don't like the way it feels in my mouth...I know weird.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 PM

687 posts, read 2,128,618 times
French flan tastes much better than Spanish/Mexican flan. The French version floats on the tongue... dreamy! Mexican flan feels a little too heavy.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
French flan tastes much better than Spanish/Mexican flan. The French version floats on the tongue... dreamy! Mexican flan feels a little too heavy.
Is French flan like creme brulee? I like creme brulee, but not flan. I finally learned how to make it instead spending a fortune for a tiny amount at a restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston