Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:42 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times

Advertisements

This is a nice effort but lets get real. When they clean it up, the thugs will come back and redo it yet again.

They should just ban the sale of spray paint to the public and only sell it to painting companies. Banning spray paint, I understand lots of innocent consumers buy it for touch up work to their own property and stuff but it really does more harm then good.

I for one want to see it gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Graffiti doesn't bother me one bit. It's part of living in a big city.

People really need to find more important things to worry about...or move to Mayberry

Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM

It bothers me a lot, and as someone that actually lives in the Houston Area for part of the year, I want to see that monstrosity gone.

I can rant on all day about the pathetic type of people that go around tagging buildings. Be gone lame ducks!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM

333 posts, read 639,186 times
I could rant about old farts like you who picture this world through only their eyes as well...

Old 01-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacemm View Post
I could rant about old farts like you who picture this world through only their eyes as well...
I am 20 years old.

And I simply don't like graffiti or the retardation it represents, meaning a bunch of idiot wannabe "thugs" going around tagging places and buildings that someone else paid for. Those people have no sense of appreciation and no sense of logic. I don't care if it counts as the worlds most prominent act of art, its a monstrosity that someone has to pay in dear to get rid of when they shouldn't have to worry about their property getting tagged in the first place.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM

young farts*

Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Graffiti doesn't bother me one bit. It's part of living in a big city.

People really need to find more important things to worry about...or move to Mayberry
I bet if you owned the house, building, fence, stadium bleachers, train, equipment or vehicle that just got graffitied you would be bothered.

I think the art graffiti is interesting but the words and letters and symbols are ugly. I think it also depends on where the graffiti is placed. Splashed all over the nice fairly new I-10 expansion walls is not a nice place to do that. This video is a good example of grafitti gone bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcJz...eature=related

Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I think it also depends on where the graffiti is placed. Splashed all over the nice fairly new I-10 expansion walls is not a nice place to do that.
I completely agree with this.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,148,494 times
Waste of money in my opinion. How about we just put some more money into law enforcement? Houston's not known for much besides beige stucco, NASA, and oil. Relatively speaking, Houston has very little graffiti, street art, or whatever you want to call it---beautiful or not.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
graffiti is a part of the thug culture? maybe for the people who dont know how to actually do it.

there are graffiti artists who sell their works for millions of dollars. does price make art? what about legitimately beautiful paintings?
What about Martian art? What about art that exists in the minds of lodge pole pine trees? What about the myriad shivers of blazing beauty in a tin foil hat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston