Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraibenah View Post
My previous post was deleted yesterday because I've mentioned the word "double dating" so let me rephrase everything again.
My husband and I just relocated to TX in the woodlands and we absolutely know NO ONE! We are a young couple (23 and 28) with no kids and find it very hard to make friends in a new place especially when you're already out of college. Where can we go and make friends? Woodlands is full of young couples as I've seen them in malls, restaurants, supermarkets ect.. but there's no proper way to start a conversation in these settings...So where can we go and make friends? Thank you for your help!

What do YOU two enjoy doing? Unless it's surfing, deep sea fishing/ice fishing, you can probably find it in or around the woodlands area. A great way to meet other people is thru common interest.

I'd suggest visiting the Catholic churches, St. Simon & Jude, and St. Anthony. I'd look into a young married group if I went that route- Who knows, there might be a couple who just moved here and looking to make some friends in that group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 12:26 PM

56 posts, read 134,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
I'll trade you my friendship for your landscaping / babysitting services. PM me if you're interested
LOL! That's all I can say

Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM

56 posts, read 134,842 times
Default Thank you

Texas7, RB4Browns and Fordlover thank you for your replies! these are some good suggestions that I didn't even think about. I'm sure I'll be ok, I'm very sociable. Thank you to all of you

Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,291 times
Default Catholics in The Woodlands

Quote:
Thank you so much for your answers A lot of you mentionned going to church. We are both Catholics but we are not avid church goers. I actually consider myself "spiritual" and I would feel a little bit guilty to start attending church just to meet other people..but it's a good idea though..I don't know. I looked up Fellowship of the Woodlands and it's very similar to a church that I used to go years ago back in Florida called "A place called Home" ..Good stuff Thank you so much to all the replies
Hi there! I know you made this post awhile back, but I saw it and had to respond--have you had any luck finding a church community that you like? I joined this site specifically to tell you about St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church. It is an amazing, vibrant community full of young adults who are very socially active. I have many great friends who go there who I would be glad to put you in touch with. I also highly recommend you go to the 6 p.m. LifeTeen Mass on Sundays--it's much more fun and lively than your "typical" Catholic Mass. I know it's hard to meet people randomly so really please do let me know if you're interested in being put in contact with someone. All the best to you! Kate

Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 PM

9 posts, read 15,756 times
You should move into Houston

Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,228 times
Go to Houston. It's just over an hour away, but so much more fun.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 614 times
Default Any luck?

Quote:
My previous post was deleted yesterday because I've mentioned the word "double dating" so let me rephrase everything again.
My husband and I just relocated to TX in the woodlands and we absolutely know NO ONE! We are a young couple (23 and 28) with no kids and find it very hard to make friends in a new place especially when you're already out of college. Where can we go and make friends? Woodlands is full of young couples as I've seen them in malls, restaurants, supermarkets ect.. but there's no proper way to start a conversation in these settings...So where can we go and make friends? Thank you for your help!

We are in the same situation. We just moved a month ago - any luck?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 AM

27 posts, read 25,003 times
Welcome to the woods!
The folks here have offered great suggestions. As a couple in our 40s with young children, we have a tendency to do things centered around kids/church/music/food. There are a ton of community, sports, and hobby organizations out here. In the end, find something you enjoy doing and go do it with other folks. If you want to reach out, I would be happy to discuss and/or give you more information on where to find some of this information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston