Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:42 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Bro, seriously, do you realize how many ex Californians are here who are salivating at this very moment waiting for Carl's Jr to open? My wife is one of them. I tried them when I was in LA and I have to tell you they are way better than anything we have around here for the same price.

In-N-Out...now that's the one that probably won't last long if they do come here. Five Guys and Whataburger have the best in the fried burger class hands down. INO is good but not enough variety and they taste just like any other fried burger. That will never work here.
And what's in the price range of Carl's Jr here? They're in a price bracket all to themselves. They're the filet mignon of bad fast food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 05:47 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Since when? I pay about the same price for a burger there as a I do at any other fast food place. Now if you want an expensive good burger then go to Papa's or Beck's Prime.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
We were there this morning after a friend posted on FB about free bkfast 'til 11am. LOL - she forgot to mention that it was by invitation only; luckily, they let us in anyway and we got 4 breakfast meals for free! The parking lot was packed as we drove past on our way home from an errand. They officially open tomorrow so I imagine they will be more crowded.

I don't think their prices are any more than other standard chains (excepting dollar/value menus). I think Whataburger is still more expensive in general.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,835 times
They just lost my business in the first day. What a way to go.

My wife and I both had their VIP / Invitation flyers, one for me and one for the wife. We got our 2 kids in the car and drove to this place so we can pick up a free burger each. We were kind of excited about trying this place.

When we got there the drive through wasn't open yet and they were expecting people to walk into the place. The manager come to our car to great us and break the bad news, that the kids won't get a free meal, and that for my wife and I we will have to walk in one at the time to get the free burger. We couldn't order anything for the kids since it was by invitation only and no order with money were accepted. The manager wasn't willing to help us and let my wife pick up my free burger with my invitation, and we really didn't want to drag the kids inside for nothing. He said that a lot of people are abusing the system and they're getting many meals like that. I asked him where his common sense is, since my wife and are I seating in front of him showing both our invitations so we weren't going to abuse the system. Stupidity won over his common sense so we decided to leave the place and probably never comeback. What a way to come to the neighborhood, NOT.... They just LOST my business...

Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,053 times
The problem with Carl's Junior is that their "more fat and grease for your money" policy will kill of their customers at a faster than average rate. It's a bad business model.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post

My wife and I both had their VIP / Invitation flyers, one for me and one for the wife. We got our 2 kids in the car and drove to this place so we can pick up a free burger each. We were kind of excited about trying this place.

When we got there the drive through wasn't open yet and they were expecting people to walk into the place. The manager come to our car to great us and break the bad news, that the kids won't get a free meal, and that for my wife and I we will have to walk in one at the time to get the free burger. We couldn't order anything for the kids since it was by invitation only and no order with money were accepted. The manager wasn't willing to help us and let my wife pick up my free burger with my invitation, and we really didn't want to drag the kids inside for nothing. He said that a lot of people are abusing the system and they're getting many meals like that. I asked him where his common sense is, since my wife and are I seating in front of him showing both our invitations so we weren't going to abuse the system. Stupidity won over his common sense so we decided to leave the place and probably never comeback. What a way to come to the neighborhood, NOT.... They just LOST my business...
Ooh. Sorry. I don't understand that. We were ready to walk away when we realized it was by invitation only but the manager ushered us in (maybe because we had the kids out of the car not realizing it was just a soft-opening event). FWIW, we did have to order separately, each holding a child. By the time we left, they had made an announcement to the staff that it was only for people with invitation/flyer. I'm wondering if people started photocopying theirs. But still, as DH just said, if you're going to make an offer like that, you have to offer it to the people who have an invite.

I'm sure you didn't really miss anything - I've never been wow'd by Carl's Jr.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 AM

711 posts, read 1,856,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Same restaurant as Hardees, which are located in the SE part of country.
Same ownership, but not the same burgers. Hardees doesn't have a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, for example, nor does it have a Green Burrito in-store should you want chain Mexican.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:17 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post

Sounds like Carl's got bamboozled by people abusing the system.

Maybe you could consider feeling bad for them, instead of mad for not getting 2 free burgers. Lol!

If you write them off.....you might be missing out on some good grub!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 PM

5 posts, read 6,620 times
Forger Carls Jr. If you want a REALLY GOOD burger go to Bricks Burgers on Hwy 6 across from Carls Jr. They have FRESH homestyle burgers and a killer sauce for the fries.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:29 PM

5 posts, read 6,620 times
You didn't miss anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston