Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Considering that we have an oil industry as our main industry - don't knock the idea. Actually the ship channel was on VERY high alert right after 9-11 happened.
..and still, nothing has happened
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
mmkay. all we need is be interesting to terrorist.
when was the last time terrorists attack the oil industry?
the oil industry does enough damage to itself and its surroundings ya know
When was the last time terrorists attacked our nation like that of 9-11? Gasoline is not the only thing the oil industry produces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
..and still, nothing has happened
I'm sure that's what the 2,700+ people who died in the world trade center had thought at least once in their lives. Pretty sure EVERYONE was on high alert after that trajedy because no one knew what they were trying to accomplish.

I'm not saying we are a target. I'm saying that depending on what they want to accomplish - we could easily be a huge target.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,858 times
i would think Medical Center could be a target also....

Old 05-03-2011, 07:18 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
When was the last time terrorists attacked our nation like that of 9-11? Gasoline is not the only thing the oil industry produces.

I'm sure that's what the 2,700+ people who died in the world trade center had thought at least once in their lives. Pretty sure EVERYONE was on high alert after that trajedy because no one knew what they were trying to accomplish.

I'm not saying we are a target. I'm saying that depending on what they want to accomplish - we could easily be a huge target.
I'm with you! No one should be living in a false sense of security!
I think this is great news that they finally accomplished finding Bin but at the same time I think it spells out even more trouble. A man this evil I am sure had very detailed plans for if we ever found him and I am sure he has many followers to carry out those plans. I will be honest that the planes that fly above our home never bothered me before but now I can hear every one of them even though common sense tries to tell me they have been there and done that before they would go a differ route an unexpected route this time around.
He may be dead but in all honesty he has gotten what he wanted. He WILL live on forever. He will always be talked abt and he has instilled fear in many of us that may never go away. His mission has been accomplished virgins or no virgins.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Ummm, we've been on alert for about 10 years now and I'm not sure I have even heard of a plot yet to destroy anything in this town.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
mmkay. all we need is be interesting to terrorist.
when was the last time terrorists attack the oil industry?
the oil industry does enough damage to itself and its surroundings ya know
Look up "pipeline sabotage".

Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Look up "pipeline sabotage".
You mean outsiide the US? Sure, it could be some pissed off sheep herder somewhere sure. Its pretty dumb to blow up pipes because they have backup pipes and can easily turn the flow off or divert it around. Oil also fund terrorists and cave people btw. Also, a suicide without taking victims in some industral zone is minus 15 virgins in the koran.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Arrrrroooogggaaa arrrooooogggaaa

Cold front alert. Cold front alert

Aarrrooogggaa arrrooogga

Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 AM

I'll give you this.. the likes of the messed up kids like the failed underwear bomber is high here. Many of these kids do not see the beauty of living in america in houston. Houston and its surrounding is not an upgrade to their lives in their third world countries. The boredom, poverty, peer pressure, segregation and the blandness here can drive teens to suicide bomb.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Be safe you guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston