Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:27 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,709,054 times

Advertisements

We've always lived in HOA neighborhoods & have never had a problem. It's easy to live under HOA rules if you:

pay your HOA dues on time
mow your grass weekly
keep weeds pulled
water your lawn during droughts
don't paint your house purple

Without an HOA to enforce things, can you imagine how bad many neighborhoods would look? I didn't read the OP's link, but am just talking about the general HOA bashing that goes on around here.

When you buy a home you sign a document that says you agree to follow HOA rules.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
We've always lived in HOA neighborhoods & have never had a problem. It's easy to live under HOA rules if you:

So Kim Jong Ill can laugh all the way to the bank
mow your grass weekly
Yes sir!
keep weeds pulled
Yes Sir!
During droughts? You mean when the city enacts water restrictions? So if you don't water you lawn the communist HOA will fine you and if you do water your lawn the city will fine you.
In over 50 years I have never seen anyone paint their house purple. Not in a communist neighborhood or a Freedom loving one. This is a common useless excuse for supporting communist regimes like HOAs.

Without an HOA to enforce things, can you imagine how bad many neighborhoods would look?
No I can not. There are thousands of freedom loving neighborhoods without Adolf or Kim Jong telling us what we can and can not do and they are among the most beautiful and sought after neighborhoods anywhere.

I didn't read the OP's link, but am just talking about the general HOA bashing that goes on around here.
Bashing is like rumors. There is always a root to what starts them and there is always truth to it.

When you buy a home you sign a document that says you agree to follow HOA rules. Yup. How true. But how many are not aware of what they are getting into? Who's fault is that? Realtors? Uneducated homebuyers? I don't know the answer to that.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:18 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,937,594 times
I can find 3 purple houses in the 77006 zip code. One thing our HOA does is contracts out the landscaping. I dont have much problem with them in places I've lived. I've seen them prevent some neighbors from putting strange add-ons to the property.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,453,128 times
Quote:

mow your grass weekly
keep weeds pulled

Without an HOA to enforce things, can you imagine how bad many neighborhoods would look? I didn't read the OP's link, but am just talking about the general HOA bashing that goes on around here.

When you buy a home you sign a document that says you agree to follow HOA rules.
Yep, pretty much sums things up.
If you don't want to live in an HOA-controlled neighborhood, DON'T BUY INTO ONE.
No one forces anyone to move into an HOA-controlled neighborhood.
There are plenty of places out there without HOAs.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:38 PM

So here we go again with another case of power creating a monster. These power hungry communist mongrels are trying to take this nice law abiding citizen's home from her because she put up some nearly invisible chicken wire to protect the flowers she planted. Sounds a bit like a Judge imposing a 60 year sentence for jaywalking. In North Korea yea but in the USA?

The fine imposed by the unregulated communists: $20 per day at 18% interest

Anyone else see a problem here? The 2nd most crooked and corrupt institution in the USA, our banking system has what's called usury laws which protect borrowers from being raped by the lender. Even legally regulated Loan Sharks those title loan stores have to abide by these laws. Tell me why communist HOAs can charge 500% interest? If you did not pay back your loan at the title loan store or in most cases the bank, THEY can't even take your house from you. But the communist HOA can.

So lets see here. The best I can figure out here is this been going on 3 years with some time off when the homeowner did remove the invisable chicken wire. Lets call it 3 years anyway. $20/day is lets say $700 per year fine. That's about $2100 total fine for the 3 years. Being raped for 18% interest comes to about another $400. So for about $2500 in illegal immoral fines this nice lady who does keep her house beautiful (they showed it on TV) is going to lose her home which is worth about $200,000 to a bunch of communist power hungry mongrels who will reep more satisfaction from stealing her home this then the benefits the value of the home will ever make.

I can see all the male HOA pigs now ordering up a bunch of Hookers when they reep that boat load of money. When they are done they will have a nice cruise on this money too. Then cry they have to raise the communist fees next year to cover losses. Next Wayne Dolcefino from channel 13 will be reporting this story and the pro commies will cry foul.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I can find 3 purple houses in the 77006 zip code. One thing our HOA does is contracts out the landscaping. I dont have much problem with them in places I've lived. I've seen them prevent some neighbors from putting strange add-ons to the property.
Strange as in the American flag? A Christmas wreath? A mailbox shapped like a Largemouth Bass? It's so sad really. I accept that not all are this strict but you know they are out there.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,933 times
Quote:

mow your grass weekly
keep weeds pulled

Just keep in mind this is YOUR opinion, not everyone agrees with you.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,709,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Yup. How true. But how many are not aware of what they are getting into? Who's fault is that? Realtors? Uneducated homebuyers? I don't know the answer to that.
You don't know who's at fault for signing a contract they don't fully understand? Let's think about that...........OK, blame the REALTOR!

I need to complain to my dumb Realtor who didn't make it clear that my Christmas lights couldn't still be flashing in May. That dumb Realtor should have spelled out the HOA rules for me because I can't read contracts so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Just keep in mind this is YOUR opinion, not everyone agrees with you.
People who purchase a home in an HOA neighborhood sign a contract to follow HOA rules. That's not an opinion!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Quote:
Soblah blah blah In North Korea yea but in the USA?

blah blah communists: $20 per day at 18% interest

blah blah .blah communist HOAs blah blah communist HOA can.

blah blah communist power hungry mongrels blah blah

blah blah communist fees next year to cover losses. Next Wayne Dolcefino blah blah blah pro commies will cry foul.
For the record you really need to understand what a Communist is before you can use the word this much.

The appropriate word is Facist.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:32 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Quote:
Yup. How true. But how many are not aware of what they are getting into? Who's fault is that? Realtors? Uneducated homebuyers? I don't know the answer to that.
Well if you're going to be a big boy or girl and buy a house, you should really read and understand all the words in that big pile of papers you have to affix your mark to. If you don't, the ONLY person to blame is you.

If you don't understand them, hire someone who does, and they can explain it. You're buying a house, a couple of hundred bucks for a lawyer is a small investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston