Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,348 times

Advertisements

I would suggest coming in to the neighborhood and asking one of the few thousand people that live here instead of taking info from someone that does not live in here. The Commons has so many awesome things to offer. We looked everywhere, even The Woodlands, and are thankful daily we chose The Commons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 8,348 times
Default The Commons of Lake Houston

Best place to live ever!!!!!! Live here and love it.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 AM

225 posts, read 369,129 times
why are you moving from atascocita? eagle spring if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
why are you moving from atascocita? eagle spring if you don't mind me asking?
I actually love Eagle Springs. And it would be completely perfect if it offered larger lots. That's my only beef with my neighborhood. After much talk and discussion, looking at Commons, looking at Kings Forest, looking at Summer Lake Ranch, and almost buying an acre lot in Bender's Landing actually, we have decided to just stay put. Our friends are here, the schools are very good, the community is great, and we love our house. I just really really really wish that we lived on about 1/2 acre to an acre of land.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 1,954 times
Well I live in Crosby, have 4 kids 18/17/8/6......absolutly love it, have no issues with crime. Crosby has all thats needed in my opion. And if me and the Mr wanna get away night life is less than 20 min away. Yes you can certainly buy a lot and build on it in the commons, I would be more than happy to help you in any way with that. Plase feel free to contact me @ listingtexas@aol.com.....

Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Does anyone have experience with this community? How are the schools? I've looked at the website, but it doesn't give me much information. Is it possible to buy a lot now and build on it later?
I know people who live there, and I really like the neighborhood. Then again, my tastes don't always align with many others. As an example, I'd rather be on a 2 acre lot with little roads and a bit of a drive to the store than live in The Woodlands. It's not that I think there is anything wrong with TW (I've recommended TW many many times on this board), it's just less of a fit for my personal lifestyle. The only reason I'm on a "regular" lot is because I chose waterfront over size.

As far as the schools, they are considered average - right in the middle in terms of testing performance. I like the Huffman schools, and I actually volunteer there about 4 to 5 times a year in their Watch Dog program. My experience is that the staff is very friendly, helpful and care deeply about the kids. (OK, this is too dang funny. The vice principal just called me due to my little boy getting in trouble - dragging down the reputation further, lol)

Anyways, I'd recommend the neighborhood and schools to those where a relatively rural lifestyle, without being too far from the city, is desired.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Are there any kids I could babysit?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn webb View Post
Are there any kids I could babysit?
Specifically in the Commons or in the Huffman/Crosby area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston