Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 AM

454 posts, read 1,586,212 times

Advertisements

Are there any communities in or around The Woodlands that offer .5-1 acre homesites that are still in a MPC of some sort? I don't want to live in a rural area of town, but I would like to find a section that has at least a minimum of around .5 acre homesites for the community, not just one large corner lot in an otherwise small lot neighborhood. I would also love to have trees on the property as well and not have that mowed down feel that most MPC's have with small saplings everywhere. The community does not need to be some huge mega-complex with thousands of houses, pools, parks, etc...just a neighborhood that was planned out, has other lots and houses with other families, children, etc...and be somewhat near the city or in it if possible. I would want to be zoned to The Woodlands ISD for the kids as well, and not be in a rural school zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
Are there any communities in or around The Woodlands that offer .5-1 acre homesites that are still in a MPC of some sort? I don't want to live in a rural area of town, but I would like to find a section that has at least a minimum of around .5 acre homesites for the community, not just one large corner lot in an otherwise small lot neighborhood. I would also love to have trees on the property as well and not have that mowed down feel that most MPC's have with small saplings everywhere. The community does not need to be some huge mega-complex with thousands of houses, pools, parks, etc...just a neighborhood that was planned out, has other lots and houses with other families, children, etc...and be somewhat near the city or in it if possible. I would want to be zoned to The Woodlands ISD for the kids as well, and not be in a rural school zone.
Perhaps Benders landing? Mostly one Acre sites, some 1/2 Acre. Although there is no such thing as The Woodlands ISD (Most Woodlands kids go to Conroe ISD). Benders Landing also is also in CISD.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
Bender's Landing, although it is very large. The pool/commons complex is very nice.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,848 times
Carlton Woods (If you have money)
Bender's Landing
Auburn Lakes ( They have sections )
Graystone Hills (Estates Sections)
Legends Ranch Estates
Creekside Park area has to have something with land, I assume.
Lake Windcrest
Thousand Oaks

The Woodlands Texas MLS: Lots to Build

There's also a lot of billboards starting from 1960 and up, some will state 1 acre build sites.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM

We went up to Bender's Landing today and it was nice....definitely the style of neighborhood we are looking for, now I just have to see if there are other neighborhoods that we like better or like the location of better. Thanks for the information.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM

What's the budget?

Carlton Woods is like million dollar homes
Auburn lakes goes around a mil in the bigger sections
Windcrest 400's and up
Benders landing is cheaper, gallery custom homes with land is in the 300's

Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Budget is in the $400-600k range depending on what I can get for the money. Cheaper the better for me, but I don't want to be the most expensive house in the area, but quite the opposite.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
Having a change of heart?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Having a change of heart?
About?

We have been wanting more land for a while, and I am really tired of the cookie cutter MPC's, but after looking at more rural land settings in both Houston and Austin, I have decided that I don't want to leave the communities since we have small children that play with other kids, so we are trying to find the best compromise for us which is the larger acreage home sites. I guess the build on your lot style communities as opposed to the pick a builder communities that we currently live in. As far as moving up North vs. Katy. That is pretty much due to my parents wanting to move up there and we want our kids to live near by to their grandparents, plus we want more land, so if we are going to move, we might as well move in the general direction that they are heading. They currently live in the Katy/Richmond area but are leasing a house and they want to buy, but not down here....my dad wants land, trees, and a better value than you get around Katy. So they started looking up North around Magnolia.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Well that should be in your price range. good luck.

32310 Spinnaker Run, Magnolia, TX 77354 - HAR.com

31511 Edgewater Dr, Magnolia, TX 77354 - HAR.com

Here you go, 2 homes !

9750 Azure Lake Dr, Magnolia, TX 77354 - HAR.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston