Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,472 times

Advertisements

After moving all over the place for quite a few years, I am finally coming back to Houston, well sort of. I will actually be on a 5 week on (out of the country) 3 week off (in Houston) rotational assignment. I would really like to buy a house, but I am quite concerned about being away from it for 5 weeks at a time. I tried researching on the internet and on here, but I am looking for a company who can do weekly inspections of the house and also keep the appearance up (grass mowed, mail picked up, etc.). Does anyone know of a company that could provide this service? I called property management companies, but they mostly are looking at rental properties.

My alternative is to buy a condo in a secure community where I don't need to do any exterior maintenance. I can then become good friends with my neighbors and have them keep an eye on my place. I just would rather own a house than a condo.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Weekly? No way. You won't find anyone that will do that for the price you want. Better to find some young person you already know and trust to do that for you. They make money, you have peace of mind.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,052,923 times
sometimes life hands you something that doesnt equate to home ownership. sounds like your situation is one of those

Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,472 times
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping there was a solution out there, but it's still good to confirm there isn't. I think condo it is!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
Get a friend to help you or make your neighbor a good friend. I used to leave my house 6 months at the time for short expat assignments, and it was just fine. But of course there are certain things you must do to make sure things are in order before heading out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalExpat View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping there was a solution out there, but it's still good to confirm there isn't. I think condo it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston