Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM

121 posts, read 240,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
If you were all about facts and figures, you would filter down the numbers to the boundaries of neighborhood you are attempting to educate about. 77023 is a large zip code. I'm sure Idylwood residents, also in 77023, aren't being told that there are 79 offenders in their neighborhood. Are they all in Eastwood?

yet the other guys are strongly claiming 77023 is Eastwood..lol which one is it...it is it isnt..

The problem here is you guys are just saying Eastwood doesnt pass Harrisburg...well ur imaginary lines are just that..You dont think people looking to buy in eastwood want to know who lives across the tracks..2 streets over...

Oh no its ok..they know not to come in Eastwood! lol riiiight.

You guys are filled with propaganda and hidden financial agendas. Trying to say oh ur #'s and all these bad people live in a different neighborhood are just plain ridiculous. This "other neighborhood" is 1 to 3 streets down. The people dealing and buying are in both EASTWOOD and the "other hood"..the kids flocking the streets are in both "Eastwood" and this "other hood" lol..

You guys are something else..

And also for the guy saying the killings at milby st arent Eastwood..the other guys map of Eastwood shows it is...so which one is it..you guys are trying to argue against me but yet provide conflicting information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,057,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
If you were all about facts and figures, you would filter down the numbers to the boundaries of neighborhood you are attempting to educate about. 77023 is a large zip code. I'm sure Idylwood residents, also in 77023, aren't being told that there are 79 offenders in their neighborhood. Are they all in Eastwood?
Not sure why he has such a personal vendetta against Eastwood. For Eastwood being such a small neighborhood, it really does get a lot of press online. Is that good or bad, not sure. But I'm sure some people like the OP aren't familiar with the actual boundaries.

To the OP: Just because Eastwood St runs to the other side of Harrisburg, that doesn't mean Eastwood is that way. Modster and I are both in real estate. At least I'm pretty sure he is, we know areas. When you type in Eastwood into our real estate property search, nothing is in 77011. ZERO homes. Just because you lived there all your life, does not mean you know where the neighborhood boundaries are. I've encountered that a lot. Once people start looking for homes, they often don't know the proper names of the neighborhoods, they just know the area.

Just like the Heights. People have a very broad definition of the Heights, but the actual Heights isn't as large as people think.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
Not sure why he has such a personal vendetta against Eastwood. For Eastwood being such a small neighborhood, it really does get a lot of press online. Is that good or bad, not sure. But I'm sure some people like the OP aren't familiar with the actual boundaries.

To the OP: Just because Eastwood St runs to the other side of Harrisburg, that doesn't mean Eastwood is that way. Modster and I are both in real estate. At least I'm pretty sure he is, we know areas. When you type in Eastwood into our real estate property search, nothing is in 77011. ZERO homes. Just because you lived there all your life, does not mean you know where the neighborhood boundaries are. I've encountered that a lot. Once people start looking for homes, they often don't know the proper names of the neighborhoods, they just know the area.

Just like the Heights. People have a very broad definition of the Heights, but the actual Heights isn't as large as people think.
I knew it! LOL no wonder ur so gung ho on saying this area is all jazzy and great! always a financial reason behind lies and manipulation. What real estate agent is going to practically pass away a sale and give their 6% back...LOL

I find it very simplistic and irrational for you to sit there and ADMIT the surrounding areas and streets are hood and bad but that doesnt involve your "Eastwood". LOL So lets say Johnny over on Sherman and sidney runs a 3 building ***** house along with drug trafficking. You'll simply say, you can see it from ur front porch and hear/see the traffic but dont worry its down the street, it has nothing to do with us. LOL ok...good luck with that.

There's a reason the Constable office (precinct 6) has the zebra and ocean units..yes in your Eastwood area as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,082,714 times
It is a real estate forum, so people are very precise with definitions.

You could say "well, the area is outside of Eastwood, but it may be close enough to affect X, Y, and Z" or "this area is not in Eastwood but it houses businesses that Eastwood residents patronize, so X Y and Z" and that will make the real estate agents happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
I knew it! LOL no wonder ur so gung ho on saying this area is all jazzy and great! always a financial reason behind lies and manipulation. What real estate agent is going to practically pass away a sale and give their 6% back...LOL

I find it very simplistic and irrational for you to sit there and ADMIT the surrounding areas and streets are hood and bad but that doesnt involve your "Eastwood". LOL So lets say Johnny over on Sherman and sidney runs a 3 building ***** house along with drug trafficking. You'll simply say, you can see it from ur front porch and hear/see the traffic but dont worry its down the street, it has nothing to do with us. LOL ok...good luck with that.

There's a reason the Constable office (precinct 6) has the zebra and ocean units..yes in your Eastwood area as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

847 posts, read 1,753,459 times
this site... (city-data) says "eastwood" is 77003 and 77023. it also gives the streets included in "eastwood"......

//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...ouston-TX.html

Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

4 posts, read 13,544 times
I really think this is ridiculous. First of all, right under City Love's name is says "Real Estate Agent" so no secret there. Second of all, as a resident my "agenda" is for people to not put a blanket statement of, "oh that place is ghetto" on my neighborhood. I think you, TxHustla, need to think about what this thread is going to do to people who are looking at the neighborhood. If you want the area that all of your family and friends live in to get better wouldn't you want to shine a light on the positive aspects? Of course there's crime. There's crime everywhere.
The bottom line is: yes there's crime in Eastwood proper AND the surrounding area. Welcome to Houston where there's no zoning and you can have a really nice area right next to a really crappy one. I walked with my son from our house in Eastwood proper to the Flores library today and there is a noticeable difference from one side of Harrisburg to the other. I'm sure that can be said for almost any nice area.
So go ahead and keep doggin' your old neighborhood and we'll keep living here and enjoying if for what it really is.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,082,714 times
Perspective may differ based on who one hangs out with too. During summers I frequently traveled in and out of Eastwood because I had a friend who attended UH and lived there. Some areas around Eastwood looked grimy, while Eastwood itself was cute.

I had no intention of visiting crooks or drug dealers, and my friend didn't know any of them either (he hardly ever got out of his house other than going to school) so I never interacted with those guys. I just went to the local bakery and the Battle Kroger with my friend and his mother.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnterrel View Post
I really think this is ridiculous. First of all, right under City Love's name is says "Real Estate Agent" so no secret there. Second of all, as a resident my "agenda" is for people to not put a blanket statement of, "oh that place is ghetto" on my neighborhood. I think you, TxHustla, need to think about what this thread is going to do to people who are looking at the neighborhood. If you want the area that all of your family and friends live in to get better wouldn't you want to shine a light on the positive aspects? Of course there's crime. There's crime everywhere.
The bottom line is: yes there's crime in Eastwood proper AND the surrounding area. Welcome to Houston where there's no zoning and you can have a really nice area right next to a really crappy one. I walked with my son from our house in Eastwood proper to the Flores library today and there is a noticeable difference from one side of Harrisburg to the other. I'm sure that can be said for almost any nice area.
So go ahead and keep doggin' your old neighborhood and we'll keep living here and enjoying if for what it really is.

I dont hate my neighborhood or trying to dog it..just shedding the truth about it. I found it very misleading and manipulative that some of these people on here labeling eastwood/2nd ward like some kind of Montrose area when we clearly know its not.. Thats what im doing. Im posting the whole truth..because i found this site looking for realty help in an area and realized wow..somebody could take this info and spend 100k on a lifetime investment based on little to no truth about the area..and that really bothered me. Sorry for caring about Joe Public.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Perspective may differ based on who one hangs out with too. During summers I frequently traveled in and out of Eastwood because I had a friend who attended UH and lived there. Some areas around Eastwood looked grimy, while Eastwood itself was cute.

I had no intention of visiting crooks or drug dealers, and my friend didn't know any of them either (he hardly ever got out of his house other than going to school) so I never interacted with those guys. I just went to the local bakery and the Battle Kroger with my friend and his mother.
and why is that? cuz of the area..

who wants to spend that kind of money for a lifetime investment to not be able to enjoy the community and surrounding areas..

Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM

847 posts, read 1,753,459 times
we should just combine this thread and the other eastwood thread...it's the same arguments.....and lets just keep the pictures in the "eastwood pictures" thread. whether its the nice,fixed up bungalows....or the gritty,torn down cribs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston