Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,033,025 times

Advertisements

As this is a continual topic popping up - thought this would be of interest.

H&M to open first Houston store at Baybrook Mall this spring, really | Shop Girl | a Chron.com blog (http://blog.chron.com/shopgirl/2012/01/hm-to-open-first-houston-store-at-baybrook-mall-really/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM

40 posts, read 85,393 times
Wooohooo! Thanks for posting this!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 AM

168 posts, read 470,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
As this is a continual topic popping up - thought this would be of interest.

H&M to open first Houston store at Baybrook Mall this spring, really | Shop Girl | a Chron.com blog (http://blog.chron.com/shopgirl/2012/01/hm-to-open-first-houston-store-at-baybrook-mall-really/ - broken link)
I went to a few H & M stores in Europe with my wife and I was not impressed with thier men's clothing collection.

I'll stick to Express Men for now.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,735,529 times
Wow look at all those Chron.com blog hater comments. So predictable.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM

538 posts, read 1,364,203 times
I'm surprised they're putting a store in Baybrook Mall first. It just seems like they'd want a store in inner-Houston to start with.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM

568 posts, read 1,131,359 times
HUH?? Not too long ago someone posted an article stating that it was going to Willowbrook Mall.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,006,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
HUH?? Not too long ago someone posted an article stating that it was going to Willowbrook Mall.
Yeah. Is there going to be two firsts? lol

Edit: from the Chronicle article:

Quote:
Well, it’s true based on H&M’s own website, which is announcing new stores this spring and includes a Baybrook Mall location. The mall is also home to one of the largest Forever 21 stores in the country. CultureMap reported earlier this month H&M was headed for Willowbrook Mall. I’ve gotten several readers saying the lease has been signed, but a Willowbrook location doesn’t appear on H&M’s list – yet.
Honestly Neither would be my first choice, and location wise I think Baybrook is a worst choice. Anywhere in uptown, or Memorial or Highland Village would be my top choices. Rice would have been more perfect for me personally (only because I live close)

Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Baybrook is one of the highest grossing malls in terms of sales and foot traffic so makes sense to me.

This is info from PM Realty Group which brokered the sale of Baybrook back in 2007 - the population has grown immensely since then and that mall parking lot is filled to Christmas level capacity every weekend. Sales are still at 2nd place per square foot.

"A single-story center, Baybrook Gateway sits at the intersection of West Bay Area Boulevard and I-45 South, across from Baybrook Mall, Houston's second largest mall in terms of sales per square foot.

"We were able to create strong interest for this trophy asset - a Class A property with national credit retailers in a major market with easy accessibility and clear visibility from the freeway," said Stephannie Mower, PMRG's executive vice president and managing director of investment services. "The center benefits from extremely high traffic counts stemming from the 4.4 million consumers who live within 40 miles of this region. In the immediate area, more than 50,000 cars travel each day along Bay Area Boulevard."

Old 01-23-2012, 02:05 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,735,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Baybrook is one of the highest grossing malls in terms of sales and foot traffic so makes sense to me.
That's what I heard from a relative who sold $600 purses in there. Also some of the stores in there are #1 for revenue in the entire Houston area, including the Galleria. I also read it has more retail square footage than every mall except for the Galleria. People underestimate that place. Really though, what decent shopping is along the corridor between say, Galveston and the East End? They all flood into Baybrook. That's the reason I stay out of that place, and stay off I-45 from about 1-5pm on weekends.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM

I had to do some work for the developers of Baybrook a few years back and part of it involved writing some things for them and it was then I first found out what a high grossing mall it is in terms of sales. It really is a nice mall inside in terms of appearance and retailer selection though. But yes, that parking lot is like Christmas year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston