Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM

148 posts, read 403,217 times

Advertisements

I've always gotten mine from HEB or the Crawfish Shack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 05:18 PM

25 posts, read 165,104 times
Anyone happen to know of a place near Katy other then Good Ol Boys?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,308,520 times
HEB is popular amongst my seafood boiling friends in Katy. I have also heard someone mention Homer's with Cajun Crawfish. They used to buy from Saigon's as well, but they have closed.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,471 times
Default Best Crawfish In Town - www.TheCrawfishCompany.com

I agree...I saw this post and just registered but I have bought from them alot in the past and they are the cleanest bugs I have ever seen. Looks like they are now selling crawfish in Austin, Tx. Here is the link I found on another site, but I think they own both.

[url=http://www.LiveCrawfishAustin.com]Live Crawfish Austin, crawfish, crawfish catering Austin, crawfish catering Austin[/url] <---found this one, looks alot like [url=http://www.LiveCrawfishHouston.com]live crawfish houston, crawfish, crawfish catering Houston, crawfish catering Austin, crawfish catering Dallas, crawfish catering San Antonio[/url] and I know [url=http://www.TheCrawfishCompany.com]Crawfish Catering Houston Crawfish Caterer, serving: Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio : The Crawfish Company[/url] and [url=http://www.LiveCrawfishHouston.com]live crawfish houston, crawfish, crawfish catering Houston, crawfish catering Austin, crawfish catering Dallas, crawfish catering San Antonio[/url] are the same company. I have ordered live crawfish in the past from both websites and never had any issues with the bugs. They were always very clean the drivers who delivered the live crawfish were very helpful and even loaded our crawfish. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for quality. They are more expensive, but I think its well worth the $$ if you don't have to purge them and they even offer a 100% money back guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary5565 View Post
I have done a few boils last year and I found The Crawfish Company had the best quality crawfish. They are going to be pretty expensive out of season though.

Anyone else care to comment of the best crawfish they were able to get last season?

[URL]https://www.thecrawfishcompany.com/Live_Crawfish_Houston.php[/URL]

Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM

25 posts, read 165,104 times
I agree Peter, just an FYI for everyone I was able to get some from HEB this weekend for $3.49 lb. The quality was decent, about half small and half medium size. Not many dead as well.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,063 times
The best place to get LIVE CRAWFISH in the Houston area is Cajun Gourmet Crawfish. I have been buying from them for years. They have always had the best price and size on crawfish. You should also buy their seasoning, best one hands down. A lot of restaurants use their seasonings. There number is (281) 240-4497, give them a call you won't regret it.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:13 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
2.99 pound at gulfgate HEB

Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,953 times
You can't get better crawfish than from the real La people at Cajun Kookers.
[url=//www.facebook.com/pages/Cajun-Kookers-Boiled-Crawfish/329176083797110]Cajun Kookers Boiled Crawfish - Food/Grocery - Houston, TX | Facebook[/url]

Live and boiled!!

Doubt you will find a better price anywhere in the area

Old 04-18-2012, 02:51 AM

2 posts, read 7,953 times
HEB 2.49/lb for field run (all sizes mixed) that have been caught up to a week ago or check out

http://boiledbugs.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/crawfish-are-cooking

Cajun Kookers are $2/lb live right out of the fields of La. Large to select size if you order by Thursday for the weekend

Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
Remember the best way to make your crawfish is to boil them in the seasoning 45 mins then throw em in along with your corn potatoes sausage and crab. Im tired of going places where u put season on top of em, they should already be spicy and good on the inside. Who puts season on top of a shell...think about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston