Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM

11 posts, read 19,128 times

Advertisements

I will be moving in July to Katy with my 12 year old son. I chose Katy so my son can see his father on a regular basis. I have been in contact with a real estate agent and check HAR daily as well
I have a couple questions regarding MUD, avg home rental prices, etc. Are MUD taxes the same as paying a water/sewer bill or are those in addition to the bill? Also, I've budgeted 1100/mo for rent but that seems too low in comparison to what I see available for a 3bed 2bath home.
I don't have a job yet but will start the search soon. I will have four to five months expenses saved if I don't find anything right away. We are moving from MI where the job market is nonexistent, crime is awful and hope is lost. A "good" job in our area (near Flint) is 10/hour plus med and dental benefits.
I apologize for my scattered thoughts but I am so anxious to leave MI and get on with our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 AM

302 posts, read 955,287 times
MUD taxes are different than your water bill, but you only pay those if you OWN a home, if you are renting, you don't pay them.... the homeowner does...

$1100 for a 3bed/2bath seems quite low, I think you need to revise your budget up... Most of the houses I have seen with 3bed/2bath are closer to $1500... Not sure how much apartments go for...

Definetively start searching for a job now, you don't want to wait to get here to find a job... the sooner you start, the sooner you'll find something...

Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 AM

11 posts, read 19,128 times
Default Thank you

Thank you for the advice. Its very helpful. Have a great day

Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrod8 View Post
MUD taxes are different than your water bill, but you only pay those if you OWN a home, if you are renting, you don't pay them.... the homeowner does...

$1100 for a 3bed/2bath seems quite low, I think you need to revise your budget up... Most of the houses I have seen with 3bed/2bath are closer to $1500... Not sure how much apartments go for...

Definetively start searching for a job now, you don't want to wait to get here to find a job... the sooner you start, the sooner you'll find something...
Additional background on MUD taxes, although your answer is correct of course.

MUD taxes are appicable usually in areas that are non incorporates where a Muni Utility District (MUD) is set up to provide some utility infrastructure cities provide such as water well, sewer plant, water and utility lines. You will pay a water useable bill to the MUD like you would to a city. MUD taxes can be higher than city taxes in an area that is new or has been slow to develop. So when looking for a rental, the higher taxes paid by the owner might influence the rent rate somewhat although the rental market is what sets the rental rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: