Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM

9 posts, read 75,462 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can find a timeline of the new schools they are planning on building in the new parts of Cinco ? This fall they will open one in Seven Meadows and the Woodcreek JH.....I've heard the next one will be an elementary near Pine Mill Ranch. I have also heard they own land for a high school and stadium off of Katy Gaston.

Does Katy ISD have a timeline for all this and if so where?? If anyone knows the future building plans I'd appreciate your info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,307,151 times
Here is a PDF of Katy ISD projected openings...

http://kisdwebs.katyisd.org/Communications/bond/Documents/Current%20School%20Opening%20Projections%201-14-08.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 AM

9 posts, read 75,462 times
Thank you this is just what I was looking for.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,341 times
It is said that the newest KatyISD high school is going to be bigger than Seven Lakes? Do you know if the new high school is going to rezone some of the students from Katy High School or is it just built to rezone the students from Seven Lakes? Alot of people are really confused about that.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.buteaux View Post
It is said that the newest KatyISD high school is going to be bigger than Seven Lakes? Do you know if the new high school is going to rezone some of the students from Katy High School or is it just built to rezone the students from Seven Lakes? Alot of people are really confused about that.
From what I was told, the Katy High students(Football feeders) isn't going to be rezoned.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
I couldnt get the link above on where schools open etc to access the right page. Is it just my browser or others too?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:36 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,519,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I couldnt get the link above on where schools open etc to access the right page. Is it just my browser or others too?
This thread is 4 years old, so the link most likely doesn't exist anymore.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 AM

302 posts, read 955,068 times
I'm interested in any information regarding the new elementary school inside of Pine Mill Ranch. We'll be moving to Cardiff this summer, and our oldest daughter will be going to Kindergarten next year (August 2013)

The information that I have heard so far is that that school will open then, but there hasn't been any movement yet... I think someone mentioned the money hadn't been approved for it yet...

Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrod8 View Post
I'm interested in any information regarding the new elementary school inside of Pine Mill Ranch. We'll be moving to Cardiff this summer, and our oldest daughter will be going to Kindergarten next year (August 2013)

The information that I have heard so far is that that school will open then, but there hasn't been any movement yet... I think someone mentioned the money hadn't been approved for it yet...
If you go to the Katy ISD site, they have the new attendance boundries should be up.

The "Pine Mill Ranch" school that has been talked about for years, has been built on Falcon Landing and will open this fall. It sits next to PMR, but with the crazy way KISD handles zoning, those PMR kids will continue to go to school at Woodcreek Elem.

As of the past year, there was some talk of using "bond savings" to build another school in PMR, but that really, really hit the fan. How did KISD incurr enough bond "savings" for a whole 'nother school? By inflating/bloating the 2010 bond in the first place. Katy ISD better mind their P's & Q's because the last bond barely passed. In fact it overwhelingly defeated in Waller & Harris Co parts of KISD. It took Ft Bend residents in KISD to carry the bond to a thin win. As more people in Ft Bend "get theirs" they will be less likely to vote for the newer schools down the road if KISD keeps playing games like over-inflating bonds, and later spending the "savings."

Back to your question... There is also a new school in Firethorne, and a new school on Cinco Ranch and 1463... Look at the map, I think this school on 1463 (Shafer Elem) looks a likely choice for Cardiff Ranch... but again, with Katy ISD zoning, please see Katy ISD for real facts.

These are the only elementry schools passed with the most current bond. It won't be until another bond is voted on and passed before any other schools are built.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
This thread is 4 years old, so the link most likely doesn't exist anymore.
Good point lol. I was wondering how many high schools are expected in KISD once it is built out decades from now? I thought it was around 8 or something ridiculous like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston