Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,390 times

Advertisements

We are planning to buy a house in the Long meadow farms, Fieldstone area. Even though both of these communities are next to each other on either side of Hwy-99; But there's a huge difference in the Fieldstone price and Long meadows prices.
Also, there are lot of discounts that builders- Ashton wood, David Weekly, Brighton is offering.
is there anything that they are not telling us and they want to sell the homes?

Please provide your comments/feedback. need to make a decision quickly.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 04:24 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
I assume you are already a bit familiar with the area since you've gone out there to look at these two communities.

The main negative I would think of is that these aren't finished subdivisions, so until they are built-out it would be hard for you to sell if you needed to for some reason. Aside from that, I hear good things about them from the people there.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,401,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaveshkap View Post
We are planning to buy a house in the Long meadow farms, Fieldstone area. Even though both of these communities are next to each other on either side of Hwy-99; But there's a huge difference in the Fieldstone price and Long meadows prices.
Also, there are lot of discounts that builders- Ashton wood, David Weekly, Brighton is offering.
is there anything that they are not telling us and they want to sell the homes?

Please provide your comments/feedback. need to make a decision quickly.

Thanks
Biggest negative is the Grand Parkway project. The ELEVATED Grand Parkway will be going directly past Long Meadow Farms/Fieldstone. If you buy there be sure that you are aways back from the road. Second, the fire service is provided by Richmond Fire Department. The fire station that services the subdivision isn't close and is understaffed for the equipment they house. I've heard some less than favorable things about that department too. Finally look carefully at the construction on the houses. Make sure that the quality of the materials is there. It varies from house to house. How do I know? We lived in Long Meadow Farms when we first moved to Texas. We do not live there anymore.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 AM

285 posts, read 567,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Biggest negative is the Grand Parkway project. The ELEVATED Grand Parkway will be going directly past Long Meadow Farms/Fieldstone.
The new 99 toll lanes will only be "elevated" near Mason because of the closely-spaced overpasses at Mason and Bellfort. The tollway main lanes will not be elevated along the entire segment corridor. You may not have been suggesting that to be the case, but I just wanted to clarify for others.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM

16 posts, read 26,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Biggest negative is the Grand Parkway project. The ELEVATED Grand Parkway will be going directly past Long Meadow Farms/Fieldstone. If you buy there be sure that you are aways back from the road. Second, the fire service is provided by Richmond Fire Department. The fire station that services the subdivision isn't close and is understaffed for the equipment they house. I've heard some less than favorable things about that department too. Finally look carefully at the construction on the houses. Make sure that the quality of the materials is there. It varies from house to house. How do I know? We lived in Long Meadow Farms when we first moved to Texas. We do not live there anymore.

Agree that I would definitely want to be as far back in the subdivision as possible and away from the elevated Grand Parkway.

As for the Fire Dept, the station that serves Fieldstone is right down S. Mason Rd., only 2.5 miles from the entrance from Fieldstone. Thats pretty close.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,401,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanchez View Post
Agree that I would definitely want to be as far back in the subdivision as possible and away from the elevated Grand Parkway.

As for the Fire Dept, the station that serves Fieldstone is right down S. Mason Rd., only 2.5 miles from the entrance from Fieldstone. Thats pretty close.
Yes it is but its down a winding 2 lane road that has been marked for improvment but not scheduled for it. I have also heard that they intentionally understaffed that particular station (for budget reasons) and run only 2 people on trucks when its recommended by NFPA (National FIre Protection Agency) to have a minimum compliment of 3 firefighters on duty. Also, since its contracted service through a city department, a fire in the city limits of Richmond would be a priority over a Long Meadow Farms fire. Not a very comforting though to me and one of the reasons we didn't buy in Long Meadow Farms or in Fieldstone. We are glad we didn't, LMF values have dropped in the 2 years since we moved from there. If we had bought for the price asked at that time, even with negotiation we would now be upside down! The value on that exact house (we saw if offered again about 6 months ago) was for over $25,000 less than they had it on the market for 2 years ago

Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 PM

5 posts, read 10,972 times
If you choose LMF, OR ANYWHERE ELSE ...check out J Patrick Homes. they are
An awesome builder, everything is neat and clean,
The superintendents are on top of things.
They are one of the very best...
If we were in the market, I would definitly choose them.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,526 times
I know this is an old post but I guess and hope to get some valuable advise from people living out of Fieldstone.
I am interested in buying a very nice spacious house next to Mason Road, a corner house very nice built from 2015 and was wondering if this area is safe for immigrants(desi people)with family and kids? I have no idea about the people living in this subdivision, I know Aliana which is next to fieldstone is much better but due to crazy house prices I could not afford there.

Old 08-17-2021, 01:29 PM

183 posts, read 380,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitbha View Post
I know this is an old post but I guess and hope to get some valuable advise from people living out of Fieldstone.
I am interested in buying a very nice spacious house next to Mason Road, a corner house very nice built from 2015 and was wondering if this area is safe for immigrants(desi people)with family and kids? I have no idea about the people living in this subdivision, I know Aliana which is next to fieldstone is much better but due to crazy house prices I could not afford there.
The entire area and surrounding subdivisions are VERY mixed and diverse. Not uncommon to have 10 different ethnicities down one street. You will be fine here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: