Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 08:30 AM

4 posts, read 74,897 times

Advertisements

We just got relocated from Alaska to Houston (how long does it take to get acclimated??) and since I work in the energy corridor, we have been looking for a house in that area. We have a young child that will be school age in a few years so we have been looking at areas West of Eldridge for the Bush elementary school and my wife prefers a newer (2-5 yr old) house so we've concentrated our search in places like Parkway Village and Lakes of Parkway but haven't found too much that we liked - well there were a couple but those were snapped up in days and we missed out .

We just saw some houses in a newer subdivision, Terraces on Memorial, which is closer to Hwy6 and right south of the Bayou. It's a mixed area with townhomes and single-family homes. We're thinking about getting a new construction there for ~450K but we're wondering if anyone had any opinions on this area or similar areas...The house seems really nice compared to what we've seen around here and the builder is Darling Homes. I guess our main concern is that the subdivision seems to be only about 65% completed and we're not sure how long it would take to finish it, especially in this housing downturn. Is there anything else we're not considering?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 05:14 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,568 times
I don't know the Terraces on Memorial neighborhood, but I live in the Energy Corridor area. Keep in mine that if you go north of the Buffalo Bayou, you go from HISD to the Spring Branch or Katy school district. You might want to check out Memorial Thicket or Marywood, which are both on the west side of Memorial.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
You could try Lakes of Parkway ($450k-$1million), I believe that sub division is zoned to Bush Elementary and Parkway Plaza ($440k-$500k homes).

Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,468 times
Default Terraces on Memorial

We live at Parkwood Builders in Terraces on Memorial and its very nice community. It is zoned to Bush Elementary school and I have heard many good things about Darling homes too. We love this place.

Last edited by pawanag0; 10-16-2007 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: