Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,052,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
I see the idolization everyday on radio, in music, in sports, in schools, on forums such as this. I guess I'm just more aware.
i dont listen to rap music and not all sports athletes are from houston

Old 08-25-2012, 06:56 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I contribute more to people wanting to know about Houston then questioning you're idiotic ideology on why people hate Houston. I mean clearly you see you're alone in this.
You seem defensive towards any sort of hate that is directed towards Houston, even when the reasons are spelled out in clear english for you as to why, not just trying to be snide towards people that do, showing your ignorance that you don't really care and that "all white people live in America, or in Utah or Montana" or whatever ignorant rubbish you want to try to use as an insult.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:56 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,582 times
One also shouldn't confuse "ghetto culture" with something like urban fashion. Just because somebody may have a couple of tats or some baggy pants does not mean very much.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
One also shouldn't confuse "ghetto culture" with something like urban fashion. Just because somebody may have a couple of tats or some baggy pants does not mean very much.
There's a difference, but if it's just a white tee-shirt and black pants, or jeans, then yeah probably those individuals aren't a fan of urban fashion sense, but more of the ghetto culture itself.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:03 PM

12 posts, read 17,631 times
Quote:
There's no denying that, but in the real world if people want to be appreciated as decent members of society, then move away from being proud of ignorance, bigotry, etc. Same thing for people being unnecessarily proud of the inner city ghettos, and some individuals celebrating it even though they've never experienced it a day of their lives. Want respect in the real world? Don't act like a southern pride the south will rise again redneck (though not all rednecks are necessarily bad as some might think) but acting like a gangbanger will come with negative impressions people will have about that sort of mentality.
Quote:
What does Screw music culture usually have connotations to? "Codeine promethazine" and songs that glorify the ghetto.
What's wrong with people being happy where they come from? If the "ghetto" is the only place that showed them the most love and raised them . I don't see what's the problem with them making music talking about what they love. If drinking codeine is what they like then so be it. To each it's own. Believe it or not some people are more comfortable in the ghetto then the suburbs.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTX View Post
What's wrong with people being happy where they come from? If the "ghetto" is the only place that showed them the most love and raised them . I don't see what's the problem with them making music talking about what they love. If drinking codeine is what they like then so be it. To each it's own. Believe it or not some people are more comfortable in the ghetto then the suburbs.
Same reason it's wrong to be proud that they used to be slaves, or slave masters. You can come from the ghetto and be a productive member of society, but if you are a productive member of society and act like you are ghetto, be prepared to be treated like someone that is ghetto, no matter what your educational background is.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
You seem defensive towards any sort of hate that is directed towards Houston, even when the reasons are spelled out in clear english for you as to why, not just trying to be snide towards people that do, showing your ignorance that you don't really care and that "all white people live in America, or in Utah or Montana" or whatever ignorant rubbish you want to try to use as an insult.
This actually doesn't have anything to do with Houston but more so your usage of the term "ghetto". How can one act ghetto? Can one act suburban? See you attach these broad generalizations to a specific area. And then you single it out to be a Houston thing which is beyond idiotic. I'm not sorry you feel i'm being defensive. I just think you're logic lacks a foundation, it's just bottomless rhetoric. I mean it's obvious your alone in your believe. But like a stubborn headed person you don't realize when you lost. You right I don't care why some people hate Houston. What does it benefit me to care about what one thinks about a city of 6 million people? Think about that but this time when you think try not to use the mentality that you've displayed so far in this thread. Clearly your alone PATNA!!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
This actually doesn't have anything to do with Houston but more so your usage of the term "ghetto". How can one act ghetto? Can one act suburban? See you attach these broad generalizations to a specific area. And then you single it out to be a Houston thing which is beyond idiotic. I'm not sorry you feel i'm being defensive. I just think you're logic lacks a foundation, it's just bottomless rhetoric. I mean it's obvious your alone in your believe. But like a stubborn headed person you don't realize when you lost. You right I don't care why some people hate Houston. What does it benefit me to care about what one thinks about a city of 6 million people? Think about that but this time when you think try not to use the mentality that you've displayed so far in this thread. Clearly your alone PATNA!!
The term ghetto was brought into question by you originally, everyone knows what the ghetto is, if you want to try to act like people don't, keep living in that delusion that the ghetto is this wonderful place people embrace and look to as a beacon of one of the wonders of humanity.

I'm singling out Houston, because the OP wanted to know why people hate Houston, and I'm sure there's a lot of people that feel the same way that Houston has a persistent ghetto culture that disgusts many people, especially many Texans.

You're the stubborn troll trying to act like it's all just someone's jaded opinion, that it holds no ground and just ignorance, as usual. Maybe that's why the inner cities have so much crime, because the truth is too much to realize the problem is with the sort of mentality like yours.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Quote:
Same reason it's wrong to be proud that they used to be slaves, or slave masters. You can come from the ghetto and be a productive member of society, but if you are a productive member of society and act like you are ghetto, be prepared to be treated like someone that is ghetto, no matter what your educational background is.
Ummm Nobody on this forum was ever a slave or a slave master....most don't even have a first or second degree relative who was either. That was a long time ago and doesn't really apply any more.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Nobody on this forum was ever a slave or a slave master....most don't even have a first or second degree relative who was either. That was a long time ago and doesn't really apply any more.
Yeah but growing up in what essentially is a war zone is something to be proud of? The ghettos are no different than being on a plantation as a serf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston