Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM

391 posts, read 923,010 times

Advertisements

There is a particular pothole on my way to work that gets on my nerves! I decided to use TxDOT's automated pothole reporting link to see what would happen if I report it. I made the report September 17 and the pothole was repaired September 20 AND I received email confirmation of the completion of the repair!

Report a Pothole

If you see a pothole on a state maintained highway (Interstate, US highway, State Highway, FM/RM/UR, Park Road, State Loop, State Spur, State Beltway) make a report using the link so it can be repaired.

See what happens when you direct your complaints to the responsible party?... much better than people aimlessly complaining in here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Next guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
There is a particular pothole on my way to work that gets on my nerves! I decided to use TxDOT's automated pothole reporting link to see what would happen if I report it. I made the report September 17 and the pothole was repaired September 20 AND I received email confirmation of the completion of the repair!

Report a Pothole

If you see a pothole on a state maintained highway (Interstate, US highway, State Highway, FM/RM/UR, Park Road, State Loop, State Spur, State Beltway) make a report using the link so it can be repaired.

See what happens when you direct your complaints to the responsible party?... much better than people aimlessly complaining in here!
People like to complain, but never do anything to improve things, they leave it for the 'other guy', or just wish it so. Kudos.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 AM

670 posts, read 1,442,249 times
Agree, they are pretty quick to fix those, I've submitted many of them and most were done within a week.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM

860 posts, read 1,586,050 times
For similar problems in the City of Houston, the COH 311 hotline (phone or online) works well. I've reported potholes, sunken pavement, missing street/traffic signs, traffic signals, water leaks, park lighting and street lights. All received attention within a few days. It's amazing how few people know about this service!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:26 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,216,670 times
Harris County actually has an app for android phones where you can take a picture of the problem and it pulls the GIS coordinates off your phone or you can text where the probl is. Relatively new so I haven't used it yet.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:37 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
A pothole hotline huh? Hmmm. Can some one provide the link for a complete repaving of our roads? Many main commerce roads are impassable due to their excessively poor condition.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 AM

162 posts, read 554,285 times
can you report an entire section of town? i havent worried about a single pothole in.....well. ever! its more avoiding lengthy stretches of road or entire streets at this point, more than just "watch out for that single pothole in the left lane on 3rd street"

Old 09-23-2012, 02:29 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Oh, guys - one would think that only Houston has a problems with infrastructure. What about you read this:
America's Crumbling Infrastructure: The Invisible Election Issue | Care2 Causes
Now, THIS IS scary!!!!

BTW: I agree, a website/phone call/mobile app is a great way to report a pothole. It seems that they try to repair it pronto.
We all complain about the darn potholes, but seriously - some would complain when a part of the street is closed because they ... repair those holes or repave the roads.
With so much traffic everywhere it's very hard to please everyone

When it comes to maintaining and improving its roads, bridges and other transportation facilities, the United States is falling behind even developing nations and Congress is showing no will to address the crisis. The World Economic Forum ranks U.S. infrastructure 23rd in the world, and we fall a little bit farther behind the rest of the developed world every single day.
Meanwhile, China is moving closer to completing the world’s largest high-speed train network, a 10,000-mile honeycomb linking major cities across an expanse similar in size to the United States. And that's just the beginning...
China has plans to build 55,000 miles of highways by the year 2020 ( in 8 years??? ). If all of those roads were put end to end, it would be longer than the total length of the entire U.S. interstate system.

America’s 15 million unemployed workers need jobs. The nation needs to repair its bridges and road and invest in high-tech solutions for the future. So why is it so hard for lawmakers to connect the two?

U.S. Infrastructure Crumbling, Nation Falling Behind Developing Countries | Care2 Causes

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston