Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkamakasi View Post
what's the going rate now a days for a single membership at Lifetime CityCentre?
175 for family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM

38 posts, read 60,887 times
i hear $120 a month per person.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM

just called fit athletic club yesterday and they told me $60 a month for limited membership 8am-3pm monday through friday no weekends and $78 a month for unlimited access with a $75 admin fee to start.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM

101 posts, read 128,052 times
Has anyone's car broken into during a visit to the gym?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,902 times
Mine hasnt, but I have a fraternity brother who didnt use the lockers because he was scared of his stuff being stolen. Left his valuables in his car, guy broke in, got his Rolex and cell phone. I felt bad for him because he is a pretty regular guy, just had a great year and got the watch from work as a bonus.

He said he didnt take it off while parked, it was already in the glove box when he pulled in the lot. Just bad luck.

It happens, but its not as common as people would have you think.

I use LA fitness. Its fine, nothing to rave about. Nicer than 24, obviously.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRall View Post
How very sad that this all you have to contribute to the world. Try venturing out into the daylight and living a little, you might find you have better things to do then troll city data.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,662 times
How about Fit Athletic club? Haven't been there in a while and not sure how it's kept up. Are their trainers good? Are there any Crossfit people out here to recommend a box in inner loop? Anyone have experiences with the YMCA in Stella Link?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 PM

164 posts, read 356,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
How about Fit Athletic club? Haven't been there in a while and not sure how it's kept up. Are their trainers good? Are there any Crossfit people out here to recommend a box in inner loop? Anyone have experiences with the YMCA in Stella Link?
The YMCA in Stella Link is not what I thought it'd be. My regular Y is the one Downtown, and for some reason, I thought that the one located near Stella Link would be just as nice if not nicer. Older building, outdoor pool; would say it's pretty busy. Large parking lot, though. If you're looking for free weights, I found that what they had in that department was lacking. The machine/weight layout felt really cramped to me. Don't recall seing kettlebells the time I went.

As for Crossfit boxes inside the loop, I gave it a go for a few months with Pin-up Crossfit (sister gym to Bayou City). They were okay. Most of the time, I felt like an outsider. It felt very cliquey to me, but everyone was nice enough. Couldn't justify the cost since I wasn't really feeling it. I paid $150/month for 12 classes a month, but it looks like now you have to auto-draft in order to get that price.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRall View Post

I worked for 24 Hour Fitness and car break ins and locker theft was a norm. Always happened by people leaving lockers unlocked and valuables in the front seats of their vehicles outside. Rarely a break in would happen that wasnt a member's fault. I had a membership at LA Fitness and car break ins happened there alot too, no matter which location I would go to. I remember these 20 yr olds who would check in at different 24s in town and just go in the men's locker rooms and steal stuff in unlocked lockers and then leave. We caught them in the act one day and had them arrested by HPD. They would still money out of wallets, cell phones, watches, and credit cards. Other times included burglars breaking in cars to steal purses on the seat, cell phones, briefcases, and car radios.Unfortunately, gyms are big targets for thieves. If you ever leave something valuable at the gym, you can forget about getting it back. You would be surprised at the high number of people who carelessly leave Iphones at the gym and expect to get them back LOL.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 PM

292 posts, read 1,066,899 times
I've always liked One to One on Richmond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston