Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 AM

13 posts, read 41,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Your current neighborhood is ideal spacing IMO. It's close but not 2 cans and a string close. Just right.
Exactly! Not that we are loud people or anything, I just don't want to pay $$$ for a home and be able to hear my neighbor snoring. I know these neighborhoods must exist in the Houston area I just need help finding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There is a space on HAR.com to indicate lot size. It might get you where you want to be.
We are looking to build, will HAR provide information on new construction neighborhoods or only existing properties?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngirl1913 View Post
Exactly! Not that we are loud people or anything, I just don't want to pay $$$ for a home and be able to hear my neighbor snoring. I know these neighborhoods must exist in the Houston area I just need help finding them.
I'd say Benders Landing but you want to be close to your daughter so you're limited to South Houston suburbs. Sugar Land, Clear Lake, Pearland, etc.

Har shows new construction too.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
Not all new construction will be up on har typically you need to visit the sales office to see everything.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Not all new construction will be up on har typically you need to visit the sales office to see everything.
Which is problematic when you are out of town. We are planning another brief trip in a few weeks so I want to have a few top places to target while we are there.

Sienna Plantation looked nice but it's hard to see the distance between homes from the website. I may try Google Maps Streetview to see if that helps!

I really appreciate the suggestions!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM

286 posts, read 555,319 times
All MPCs have different neighborhoods, more expensive neighborhoods will have larger yards and usually the most expensive neighborhoods will be gated.

If you stay in Sugar Land or Missouri City (Sienna Plantation, northern Riverstone, Lake Olympia) you'll get superior police and a sophisticated levee system to prevent floods. Sugar Land and especially Missouri City also limit multi-unit dwellings.

If you don't have children attending school or have to commute to work there area more rural places to live which will allow a much larger yard for the same money.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM

452 posts, read 898,543 times
You can call the service office and ask what houses are being built for your timeframe and also when other lots will become available via the section. Good Luck with your move.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
If it is at all feasible consider renting before you jump into a new construction in Houston. The MPCs who are still building have pretty much no appreciation so you have to hold the house for 5 years just to break even on it if you are lucky. Could be a very expensive mistake if you decide you don't like where you bought.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 PM

332 posts, read 1,323,945 times
Sienna Plantation has areas with larger lots like what you're looking for and it's a very reasonable drive to Manvel. For example, in my area, most of the lots are 0.5 - 0.75 acres with many of the natural trees left. The frontage on my lot is ~130' so definitely plenty of room between homes.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,054,557 times
Like others have mentioned, there are plenty of master planned communities that build larger plans on larger lots. There are several options, you can also try Southern Trails. Sienna Plantation and Riverstone would be good options as well if you wanted to stay relatively close to Manvel. They have 80ft sections available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston