Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 PM

112 posts, read 208,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Hidden Lake - I never lived there, but lived REAL close to it for 2 years. 3 co-workers from my last job live there. It's neat because you are adjacent to a small lake that does get a bit busy on the weekends. Also on July 4 you can see city fireworks (far in the distance) kinda over the lake. The only negatives I have heard are the parking, and occasionally you may get a new neighbor straight out of college that wants to party hard 24/7. It seems to be a destination for recent college grads. Also I was told don't rent in the furthest building because if it floods, you may not be able to cross the road out.

Huntcliffe - I lived there a little over a decade ago. It was starting to go downhill then so we left. Some kids set fire to a trash bin and that was the last draw. It wasn't dangerous, though, just a higher percentage of trouble making kids than normal. In fact it was becoming like the neighborhood I grew up in. But I left that behind for a reason. Also it is real close to the 5 points intersection in League City which is a bit of a logjam at 5pm. They keep talking about tearing up the road, and when they do, it will be a real mess.

Calder Square - And I lived real close to this at one time too. I was a nomad for a while. Those apts were ok, but that was about 8 years ago, so I don't know what it's like now. One neat fact - there are a lot of pecan trees right across the street around a county building so you can walk over and pick pecans when they are in season.

Regatta used to be dumpy, but they renovated the whole complex and it looks ok now. It may be a bit of a challenge getting in/out during peak traffic hours as you are right on Nasa Rd next to the space center.

AMAZING info! Thank you so Very much!!! I am leaning ALOT towards Hidden Lake. I would LOVE to be on the water and they look very nice! A little noise never hurt anyone, I once was a rowdy 21 year old, haha. Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM

112 posts, read 208,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
Just remember about a rating system. You get more rants than raves.

Of course. The rants that I read though are about rat and bug problems. Sounded pretty severe and some even had photos. EW. Always makes me a little nervous if the people raving about it are actual residents or maybe, just maybe, the owners or staff. Ya just never know.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
That's why it's best to actually ask the residents when you visit each complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston