Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times

Advertisements

Developers announce plans to reinvent Houston Pavilions | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM

686 posts, read 1,168,459 times
When is this to be completed?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
I fail to understand how that will attract more people. They missed it when they eliminated the residential idea. HP isn't offering anything unique or different in the Houston area to make people want to travel downtown and visit.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:59 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I fail to understand how that will attract more people. They missed it when they eliminated the residential idea. HP isn't offering anything unique or different in the Houston area to make people want to travel downtown and visit.

They are making the inside space more open by removing some store fronts, they are foucusing the retail along the streets instead of inside the complex.. and we dont even know what stores they are adding at this point... damn dude they are trying to correct the mistakes of Houston pavillion, but its going to take time.. at least wait till they have done something before you start complaining..geez

Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
They are making the inside space more open by removing some store fronts, they are foucusing the retail along the streets instead of inside the complex.. and we dont even know what stores they are adding at this point... damn dude they are trying to correct the mistakes of Houston pavillion, but its going to take time.. at least wait till they have done something before you start complaining..geez
That's been the trend here for years though. We hold off on complaints, they finish and we hate it even more.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
That's been the trend here for years though. We hold off on complaints, they finish and we hate it even more.
smh.. Funny thing I learned about life.. if you concive yourself before hand your going to hate something .. 9/10 times you're going to find a reason to hate it.. I rather wait and see

Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
smh.. Funny thing I learned about life.. if you concive yourself before hand your going to hate something .. 9/10 times you're going to find a reason to hate it.. I rather wait and see
Maybe that's how you are, but I'm not. If they attract some good tenants, maybe. However, bringing stores the streets,planting trees and more seating isn't doing much except beautifying the area [which is good], but HP biggest issue is drawing in a crowd.

Residential and attracting some stores Houston doesn't have yet would help.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's how you are, but I'm not. If they attract some good tenants, maybe. However, bringing stores the streets,planting trees and more seating isn't doing much except beautifying the area [which is good], but HP biggest issue is drawing in a crowd.

Residential and attracting some stores Houston doesn't have yet would help.
They did say they were in talks with 7 tenets... So i would rather wait and see who those tenets are ... But we agree if its going to sell its going to need something the other enterment districts dont have.. I am hoping they are smart enough to realize that

as for residents that being worked on.. Skyhouse is going up as is the one by the ball park.. we still dont know whats going on with the old Texaco building.. Last I heard the Guy from dallas was waiting for the city to approve the tax break..

Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Looks cool. All the outdoor improvements should be a plus.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times
They have an open house tonight to showcase new plans and development. It's actually going on now and will end at 9:30. Should come out and check it out instead of sitting on the forum assuming and complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston