Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM

202 posts, read 715,428 times

Advertisements

I've come across quite a few posts about Cinco Ranch and their restrictions for 2 pets per household, limited # of cars, etc. .

Does anyone know of any other Houston area subdivisions that also have similar restrictions (so we can avoid looking in these areas)? We have 3 dogs and a cat, plus wouldn't care to live in such a community. We are interested in the $400K to $550K price range. Some areas that we are interested in are Sugar Land & surrounding area, Katy, The Woodlands, Tomball, Cypress, possibly Spring and any other areas that would be near/similar to our choices.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM

63 posts, read 133,952 times
Try Churchill Farms. Great community.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
I have never heard of a neighborhood with pet and car restrictions. That is kind of absurd. What if your kids have a car? I do understand that you don't want cars parked all over the place. As for the pets two is a little low of a number. I do understand you don't want a dog kennel in the neighborhood, but two?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 AM

97 posts, read 145,834 times
As a hopeful transplant, this is the first I'm hearing about this. Glad to find out now!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I have never heard of a neighborhood with pet and car restrictions. That is kind of absurd. What if your kids have a car? I do understand that you don't want cars parked all over the place. As for the pets two is a little low of a number. I do understand you don't want a dog kennel in the neighborhood, but two?
Have you ever lived in the burbs? Most all subdivisions since the 1980s have restrictions, but a lot of people ignore them. Some won't even allow you to park your vehicle in the driveway over night, and some just simply hate trucks. I've always avoided neighborhoods with deed restrictions. Where I live now, they don't have any, but there is a civic group who came around one day and asked me to sign up, but I asked to see their tablet and regulations, and handed it back and asked them never to come back!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM

811 posts, read 1,557,177 times
Just checked my deed restrictions seeing as I have 3 pets (two dogs and a cat) and thinking of rescuing another dog. All it says is dogs must be on a leash at all times. The deed restrictions here are strict too which I have no problem with at all as I consider them reasonable. I would think the problem would be if they are outdoor dogs and barking all the time, but one dog can be a nuisance in that regard. We live in the Champions area.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 AM

536 posts, read 1,062,946 times
Mine does have deed restrictions in place for pets and cars.

For cars, there is no restriction on number but there is a clear preference is to park them in the garage. It does allow cars in daily use, in good condition with tax etc up-to-date to be parked on the driveway but the way in which it's written makes it plain they'd prefer them to be in the garage. A lot of people park on the driveway without issue, it's just there as a protection. They don't like cars parking on the street long term though. I'm actually all for this, it allows visitors somewhere to park and most people have plenty of space on their driveways/garages to park at least 4 cars.

As for pets, we are theoretically limited to two. We have a dog and two cats. I don't see how they could possibly know how many pets are in a house. Again, I suspect it's there as a protection measure in case they have someone that has say 30 cats in the house etc... Two seems a very low number though.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,848 times
for that kind of money, get into an acreage subdivision and you wont have to worry about things like that for the most part.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM

202 posts, read 715,428 times
Even though some are saying: "Not everyone follows the restrictions - not that big of a deal" or "Who would know if you have 3-4 animals and the restriction states you can only have 2". Let me tell you, we live out in a rural subdivision in IL where we thought we wouldn't have to worry to much about following all of the restrictions - so we thought. I have first hand experience with a neighbor (for the past 10 yrs.) who has made it his life work to read up on all of the ordinances in our county, then regularly reporting everyone in the area/or county for that matter, who is not following these ordinances and then reporting it to the county or sheriffs dept. - Example: Not getting a permit for re-roofing or remodeling, burning during non-burning hours (even if it's 15 min. past time), mowing your lawn after 8pm (even though it's only 8:15), too many cars in drivewayetc., the list goes on! He lives for this! Yet, he's the first one to try to get away with it, go figure. Yes, he has issues! So after dealing with him for more than 10 yrs., we're not so trusting of any future neighbors (to not file a report).

Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM

538 posts, read 1,362,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbink View Post
Mine does have deed restrictions in place for pets and cars.

For cars, there is no restriction on number but there is a clear preference is to park them in the garage. It does allow cars in daily use, in good condition with tax etc up-to-date to be parked on the driveway but the way in which it's written makes it plain they'd prefer them to be in the garage. A lot of people park on the driveway without issue, it's just there as a protection. They don't like cars parking on the street long term though. I'm actually all for this, it allows visitors somewhere to park and most people have plenty of space on their driveways/garages to park at least 4 cars.
We have these same restrictions.

I know for a fact that the pet restrictions are being broken. It's no big deal to me, as long as the pets aren't being a nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston