Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM

954 posts, read 1,551,198 times

Advertisements

Mayor Annise Parker and other civic and business leaders are getting a preview this morning of Terminal B’s renovated south concourse at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

The $97 million south concourse will be open to limited flight operations over the next two weeks, with the first 15 gates planned to be fully operational by May 1, according to United Airlines, which will add 15 more gates by the end of the year.

“This modern and spacious new terminal is a significant investment in the future of George Bush Intercontinental as a major international hub,” Parker said in a statement.

The 225,000 square-foot facility — nearly four times the size as the previous south concourse — will be dedicated to United Express regional flights.

United officials said it will provide a better customer experience with modern and expanded gate-lounge areas, 17 food and beverage and retail concessions.

“Bush Intercontinental’s extensive connecting traffic makes it a premier international gateway and a key hub in United’s network,” Jim Compton, United’s vice chairman and chief revenue officer, said in a statement. “We’ve designed our newest terminal to offer travelers a more customer-friendly airport experience where they can relax in comfort or work with greater ease.”

The 17 concessions will include two new “celebrity-chef venues” with local and regional ties. They are chef Bryan Caswell’s 3rd Bar Oyster & Eating House and The Frutería, by chef Johnny Hernandez.

Other restaurants will include Whataburger, Bullrito’s and Barcuterie, which will sell cured meats and classic cheeses in a bar setting. Retailers will include the iStore Boutique, Brookstone, Natalie’s Candy Jar and The Body Shop.
United showing off new terminal | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog
If Her Honour hadn't have been so mean and hurtful to Jeff, he probably would have come down from ChiTown for the ceremonies. Shame on her !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,442,033 times
Seriously? Poor Jeff, so sweet and nice, having to deal with the mean mayor. He just wants to do what's right for Houston, and she stands in his way, and told him to go up to Chicago, and to take his planes with him. Yeah, that's how it worked.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,699,929 times
It is her job to go out there. I don't see what the problem is. Who is Jeff and why do you care? I find it funny you are calling him by his first name. Makes me wonder. I think she has done an amazing job as mayor.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
United was never going to stay in Houston, and everyone in Houston knew.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,305,268 times
The Jeff in question is Smisek, CEO of United. The OP is still butthurt that there's going to be international flights at Hobby.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM

536 posts, read 1,063,955 times
Well United also said the merger with Continental would be beneficial.
I can honestly say I have seen nothing but demise since the two merged. FF benefits have reduced, they have swapped Continental's fleet of newer planes flying out of IAH with United's much older ones on many routes and the whole experience has been much less pleasant than it used to be.

They should've focused the money on their plane fleet.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,152,304 times
Did,nt united come in as the worst air-line for what the third years ina row ?

Old 04-15-2013, 03:52 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,248,025 times
Hey Jim, I thought United wasn't going to invest any further in Houston and the expansion projects would be scrapped if the City approved Southwest for international flights?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM

18,136 posts, read 25,318,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Hey Jim, I thought United wasn't going to invest any further in Houston and the expansion projects would be scrapped if the City approved Southwest for international flights?
Seems to me like the move by SouthWest in Hobby was a good thing

Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,682,682 times
$97 million to add more planes. Once all these people land they have no where to go but sit in the worlds largest traffic jamb over the worlds worst functionally obsolete dilapidated road surfaces any Motorist can endure. What a waste of money!!

When was the last time this so called Mayor spent one dime on this city's aging infrastructure? She is quick to call all the TV stations to let everyone know where she will be marching in the Gay Parade though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: