Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM

90 posts, read 161,936 times

Advertisements

We just bought a house in West U, actually we will be closing in about month, and want to do some work on it before we move in. In particular the backyard is a mess. We want to put pavers in part of it, and since we currently live in town we don't know any contractors. Does anyone here have any recommendations for a contractor that does backyard paver, a small area (15' x 15')? Any idea of what it might cost roughly?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,902 times
This guy did some drain work for me, and I was impressed.

Houston Drains | Blalock Landscaping & Drainage

Pavers can be trickier than you might think. Some guys might just scalp the grass and toss them down, or throw them on dirt, but youll regret that eventually. To be done right, Ill bet you'd want to take out the sod completely and line the area with the cloth that stops vegetation, and top that with crushed rock/sand, then the pavers.

People toss them down trying to save money, but pavers done right may be more expensive than a wooden deck.

Show us some pics, and please take a before pic. I always hate taking before pics because its something I want to change, but its so helpful to be able to see it afterwards to remind you how far you came.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:39 PM

90 posts, read 161,936 times
Thanks, I'll make sure I take before and afters. I think that's a wonderful idea. The house we are buying is relatively new and the neighbors had an old picture of the teardown before our house was built. I love it !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston