Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:11 PM

339 posts, read 764,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy147 View Post
Is The Dump a used store or more of a clearance store? Not sure I want a mattress that somebody used for a year but have no problem with lets say mattress that was used as a floor model.
Just another furniture store. They do have a clearance section, but for the most part, they sell new furniture and from our experience, it wasn't as low as they claim on their ads. but worthwhile to check out if its close enough to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,730 times
Skip the expensive pillow top mattresses, buy a decent set and add a foam topper - - which you can then swap-out much cheaper later as it gets older.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM

128 posts, read 231,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhanddavy View Post
This is going to sound silly, but consider looking into it. Model home furniture auctions. I've been to a few, and I have seen king sized mattress sets go as low as 100 bucks. Really depends on the other bidders, but from my observations in the auctions I've attended, they usually go dirt cheap. The mattress sets are pretty much brand new, as they are part of the model home furnishings.
deckhanddavy ..Can you please let me know how would I go about in attending one of these model home auctions?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 AM

66 posts, read 111,013 times
Try Texas Mattress Makers. About Texas Mattress Makers Houston TX

Never been there but have emailed them a question. They were quick in replying and honest in their answer.

Here is a short description from their site. Also, it made in the USA (actually here in Houston) so helps the local economy.

TMM is a store made to benefit all mattress shoppers! In our showroom:
1. You will be fitted to a mattress specifically for you.
2. You will see the facility in which our mattresses are made. We manufacture all of our mattresses in our Houston factory and use only high quality components made in the USA.
3. Our knowledgeable staff will educate you about each mattress. This includes the construction, the feel, and why or why it does not work for you.
4. You will get the best quality and pay a margin of the price that you would pay at any retail store.

Green Mattress Manufacturing

Here at Texas MATTRESS MAKERS we pride our selves in making the best quality mattresses while being as ecologically sound as we can.
» Springs used in Texas MATTRESS MAKERS' mattresses are made from 95% recycled steel.
» Foam used in Texas MATTRESS MAKERS' mattresses is hybrid foam. In hybrid foam, the traditional petroleum based chemicals are partially replaced with soy-bean based polyol. Based upon preliminary Life Cycle Analysis by Five Winds Intl., soy polyol has a 23% reduction in total energy demand, and 61% reduction in non-renewable energy use when the foam is produced, while maintaining the characteristics of foam.
» Texas MATTRESS MAKERS' foundations are made using hardwoods to ensure a durable, long-lasting support base for your new mattress.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:26 PM

126 posts, read 240,570 times
Big Lots

Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,489,366 times
I like Mattress Overstock - have gotten all my kids' mattresses there for a good price. Their selection is more limited.

BAC (I think it's Builder's Auction Company) is who runs most of the model home auctions.

We found a mattress we liked at Mattress Firm - and found it for $800 cheaper at Rooms to Go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: