Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Time to bench Schaub?
Yes 43 74.14%
No 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,132 times

Advertisements

tebow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,896 times
I've had just about enough of Matt Schaub. He's been more productive for the other team than he has for his own team. Ugh...

I'd be fine with Yates or Keenum.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:43 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
He has been crap since the middle of last season, but the problems he is showing now have been around since he first got here. He just sucks. Unless he has five long seconds with a clean pocket, he is worthless. Texans should go with Keenum. Yates to me is just a more athletic Schaub, but Keenum can spark the team. A team that is all visibly frustrated with Schaub. It gets worse every game.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,450,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
tebow?
Hahahahaha, but seriously if Texans fans think getting rid of Schaub and bringing in Keenum or Yates will solve all of your problems and get you to the promised land (Super Bowl), you're delusional.
Texans have a lot more pressing issues than just the QB position.
Outside of JJ Watt and maybe Cushing, there are absolutely NO playmakers on defense and the secondary is very weak. Bringing in an 85-year old Ed Reed will not fix that.
Plus, Arian Foster is not very durable and is already showing signs of breaking down.
The offensive line outside of Duane Brown is average at best.
Texans have a team good enough team to get to the playoffs and win a game, but that's about it.
Getting rid of Schaub ain't gonna fix that.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
I hate when Schaub stands on the sidelines with that cross eyed retarded look on his face. It's like man be a leader and get your team fired up. And who's bright idea was it to get rid of Trindon Holliday? Every time I look around that guy is running back a kick, and our special teams suck. Kubiak and Schaub have to go.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
tebow?
Manziel?

Old 09-29-2013, 08:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Hahahahaha, but seriously if Texans fans think getting rid of Schaub and bringing in Keenum or Yates will solve all of your problems and get you to the promised land (Super Bowl), you're delusional.
Texans have a lot more pressing issues than just the QB position.
Outside of JJ Watt and maybe Cushing, there are absolutely NO playmakers on defense and the secondary is very weak. Bringing in an 85-year old Ed Reed will not fix that.
Plus, Arian Foster is not very durable and is already showing signs of breaking down.
The offensive line outside of Duane Brown is average at best.
Texans have a team good enough team to get to the playoffs and win a game, but that's about it.
Getting rid of Schaub ain't gonna fix that.
You are seriously going to talk about the defense? Why don't you go look up the Texans defensive stats and then come back. Schaub is the problem. He has lost two games this season by himself and nearly lost the Texans a third. Yes, putting in a QB who can throw on the run, gain three or four yards on a little scramble, evade a 300 pound d lineman, throw to receivers in stride, etc., can help the Texans win games.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,450,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
You are seriously going to talk about the defense? Why don't you go look up the Texans defensive stats and then come back. Schaub is the problem. He has lost two games this season by himself and nearly lost the Texans a third. Yes, putting in a QB who can throw on the run, gain three or four yards on a little scramble, evade a 300 pound d lineman, throw to receivers in stride, etc., can help the Texans win games.
Yeah, I just looked at the defensive stats and while they rank well in terms of yardage given up, they are still giving up lots of points. Stats can often be deceptive.
I see that they have given up 31, 30, 30 and now 23 points in their games this season.
Not exactly '85 Bears defensive numbers.
So Schaub is out, then who do you put in his place?
Keenum? Yates? Tebow?
If you do that, you're just admitting that the season is lost.
Elite QBs don't just grow on trees
You sound like Cowboys fans who think replacing Romo will solve all of the Cowboys problems.
Not quite that easy to just replace a QB, especially one with so much experience in Kubiak's system.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:34 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,495,190 times
Quote:
Yeah, I just looked at the defensive stats and while they rank well in terms of yardage given up, they are still giving up lots of points. Stats can often be deceptive.
I see that they have given up 31, 30, 30 and now 23 points in their games this season.
Keenum? Yates? Tebow?
You sound like Cowboys fans who think replacing Romo will solve all of the Cowboys problems.
Not quite that easy to just replace a QB, especially one with so much experience in Kubiak's system.
One of the reasons for those point totals is Schuab has thrown 3 pic 6's in the last 3 games. There was one punt return for a TD and a couple of other turn overs deep in their own territiory. The defence is good as long as Cushing is in the game.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:41 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,269 times
Quote:
Keenum? Yates? Tebow?
I see you just like to skew the numbers a little. San Diego with 31 points but you can take off 7 from the pick that Schaub threw ont he first play that resulted in a easy td so it's actually 24. Titans 30 but again take away 7 from once again a pick Schaub threw for a td so that's 23. 30 for ravens is really 16 cause of a punt td run back for the ravens and surprise surprise, a pick 6 int td that Schaub threw. You see the pattern here? And Seahawks is 16 cause you guessed it, a pick 6 td int thrown by who else, Schaub. He sucks period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston