Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 05:04 AM

3 posts, read 10,132 times

Advertisements

I have to relocate because of my job, job location is Woodlands. I have 2 kids- 1st grade and 5th.
Any suggestions on school and housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 AM

26 posts, read 40,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol123 View Post
I have to relocate because of my job, job location is Woodlands. I have 2 kids- 1st grade and 5th.
Any suggestions on school and housing
Hi Sol123, my wife and I are looking to move to The woodlands from PR but we have no secure job yet. Even so, we are doing a lot of search about the life in The Woodlands and what I can say is you might find there the top rated Texan schools for your kids.

Top-Rated The Woodlands Public Schools based on GreatSchools.org rating (10)

Buckalew Elementary School
Bush Elementary School
Collins Intermediate School
Creekside Forest Elementary School
David Elementary School

Houses are a little bit expensive compared to places like Spring, Conroe and Kingswood all near The woodlands. Read the following part of an article published by impactnews.com

Woodlands in the midst of a seller’s market
by Brian Walzel June 13, 2013

Improved economy leads to fewer available homes
Over the past year, buyers looking to purchase homes in The Woodlands have found a short supply of available properties as low mortgage rates and an improving economy drive up demand. With little available inventory of homes and a flood of homebuyers on the market, buyers are often being forced to take what they can get at higher prices than are typical in a market with fewer available homes, real estate experts say.

A seller’s market
Real estate experts define a seller’s market as one in which there is less than a six-month supply of available homes. Home supply is determined by the number of homes listed in Multiple Listing Services compared to the annual rate of home sales.

Increased demand
Over the past few years, there has been a an average demand of about 32,000 new homes in the Greater Houston area per year, while builders have been building only about 25,000 new homes per year, Welbes said. This trend has led to about 8,000 potential buyers per year who have subsequently turned to the leasing market.

Advice to buyers
Buyers in today’s market are facing fewer options when it comes to available homes while also being forced to pay prices that are often above list prices. Although homebuyers were previously able to view about 10 to 15 homes in their price range before buying, Brand said Realtors are now able to only show clients three or four.
“We want to explain to [buyers] that in the previous market you were looking for a good deal, less than list price,” he said. “But now a good deal is you are the one who is actually able to buy the property. A good deal is there were four offers and yours won.”
Buyers who are able to pay a higher down payment on a home, and those who have fewer financing contingencies, have a better chance of having their offer on a home selected.
“People who put more down have a better chance,” Brand said. “At least 10 percent of sales are over list price, and probably 25 percent are at list price. You might want to come in a little bit higher.”

Good luck and see you at The Woodlands, TX.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,382 times
You cannot go wrong with any school in the Villages of Sterling Ridge, Alden Bridge, Cochran's Crossing, or Indian Springs. Having lived here for 15 years, I can tell you it is a wonderful place to raise a family. Focus your search for a home in any of these villages.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 10,132 times
Is conroe better than Tomball school district?

Old 12-02-2013, 10:52 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,382 times
The villages I mentioned are in Conroe ISD. Tomball ISD is in the Creekside Village. I would stick with Conroe ISD.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM

509 posts, read 735,536 times
You want to stay in the part of the Woodlands that will eventually feed into The Woodlands High School. That's the western portion of The Woodlands, in Conroe ISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston