Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:00 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times

Advertisements

People just want to see who gets the best of the other, just as they did in Roman times. 'You know I'm right' ... to quote Chris Rock. I'm glad it did not turn out as something worse, but since it did not, and it is history, the people in the office here thought it was hilarious... I guess we are all bad people.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM

433 posts, read 660,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
A little fight? In this day and age anything can escalate quickly.
And? Mind your own business, nobody's getting killed. I hope you never come across a school fight and get some kids arrested

Old 12-17-2013, 01:16 PM

568 posts, read 901,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo45 View Post
And? Mind your own business, nobody's getting killed. I hope you never come across a school fight and get some kids arrested
lol are your serious? There was a kid who punched a ref and killed him not too long ago. There are kids who get permanently injured or die just from horse-playing but who cares right? I am sure parents would be appreciative of people letting their child get assaulted while they go about their business. Everyone is too desensitized to violence these days.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
Why should the person recording the video be burdened with the problem? The ladies fighting are the problem, not the person recording. Do you know if he was on the way to work? Needed to be in time to pick up a child? The women should be the focus of the story. The guy recording is doing what many passer-bys do. Look. He just happened to be able to record it. Big deal. I sure as hell wouldn't risk my life in traffic knowing one, I could be hit, and two, one of those ladies could've had a weapon, mace, whatever. The focus of the story should be those two dumba$$ ladies.

The ones acting like 15 year olds are those two idiots fighting in the middle of a busy street. And this, people, is why we can't have nice things.
Let's consider the idea everyone may not be comfortable with a complete stranger recording them. I've literally seen fights stem just from that. It's a bit of a violation, if you ask me, and it's not something that someone who was truly minding their business would do.

Honestly, when I have to explain things like this, I get the feeling that I'm the only poster here over the age of 25.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
People just want to see who gets the best of the other, just as they did in Roman times. 'You know I'm right' ... to quote Chris Rock. I'm glad it did not turn out as something worse, but since it did not, and it is history, the people in the office here thought it was hilarious... I guess we are all bad people.
Bad people? Probably not. A little immature? Yes. No worries, though. We're all guilty of it from time to time.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Let's consider the idea everyone may not be comfortable with a complete stranger recording them. I've literally seen fights stem just from that. It's a bit of a violation, if you ask me, and it's not something that someone who was truly minding their business would do.

Honestly, when I have to explain things like this, I get the feeling that I'm the only poster here over the age of 25.
Just FYI: it's NOT a violation of any sort to photograph or record anything what happen in the public place.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Just for the records: it's NOT a violation of any sort to photograph or record anything what happen in the public place.
If I'm the one being recorded, it will be, which is why I said "if you ask me". I said nothing of litigation.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Just for the records: it's NOT a violation of any sort to photograph or record anything what happen in the public place.
Doesn't mean its right. I'd smash someone's phone if they recording me in a fight or anything like that

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
lol are your serious? There was a kid who punched a ref and killed him not too long ago. There are kids who get permanently injured or die just from horse-playing but who cares right? I am sure parents would be appreciative of people letting their child get assaulted while they go about their business. Everyone is too desensitized to violence these days.
You sound like u didn't get in any fights growing up no offense. Part of becoming a man if u ask me...

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo45 View Post
Doesn't mean its right. I'd smash someone's phone if they recording me in a fight or anything like that
Exactly. So don't you see what I'm saying?

It just disturbs me to think that, in today's society, more would rather turn on their cameras than to do anything to help alleviate the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: