Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,095,328 times

Advertisements

Wow, I was looking at that area as well since I was thinking about heading back to SL. However, the idea of spending $275K+ for 30 year old homes was less than appealing. That said, I really don't like what I've seen (greatschools.org ratings, standardized testing results) about Elkins. I have cousins who went years ago, so they couldn't provide much relevant data. I had no idea they wanted $150K down for earnest money. Has that been confirmed? If so, it's absolutely asinine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,022,080 times
The $150k earnest money is absolutely NOT true.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:13 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,851,505 times
If you are having problems with the builders or developer in Riverstone and want a new build, why not look elsewhere? I agree about the inflated prices just because of the city name/zip, yet relative inconvenience of the location (getting in/out) compared to some others. And Elkins, I know there have been a few recent incidents of concern in particular. There are several very nice masterplanned places in Fort Bend still building to choose from -- Sienna, Aliana, Telfair, LMF, etc. Or Imperial if you're okay with a small lot and more mixed-use. Why not just keep your options open.

As far as the graveyard and "ghosts"... no idea, as I am not superstitious in that way.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,987,469 times
I was just quite surprised when i found out this neighborhood is zoned into elkins. What is even more shocking someone mention they went up 10% the last 12 months already. Almost make me believe the "bubble" is around the corner.

I agree with the last poster there is lot more neighborhood to choose from in/around Sugarland. I been looking at the area zoned to Dulles, any opinions?

Lastly, I heard they are rezoning the area the next 12 months to make Elkins more desirable (look up the ethnic ratio in Elkins if you want to read more into it). However, I think once the school is bad, it is probably not fixable and will only get worse.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:20 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,851,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Lastly, I heard they are rezoning the area the next 12 months to make Elkins more desirable (look up the ethnic ratio in Elkins if you want to read more into it). However, I think once the school is bad, it is probably not fixable and will only get worse.
I haven't seen anything about extensive rezoning at the high school level in FBISD until 4+ years from now.

There will, however, probably be at the elementary school level, in Riverstone as well as other fast-growing areas.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
Default Is it True???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pininfarina456 View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else heard that the Taylor Morrison Homes in Riverstone in Sugar Land are built over an old Native Indian Graveyard? I've heard several horror stories and ghost sightings in the area, and wanted to confirm if this is really true before we spend 400k on a house that is haunted.

Thanks!
Hi I am about to buy house of taylor morrison at riverstone avalon. I have a choice between this and the house in aliana. is your house still hanuted? pls do verify me? was it true about graveyard?

Old 10-15-2017, 02:46 PM

30 posts, read 78,864 times
Any updates on this?

Old 10-15-2017, 05:36 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,223,353 times
Let's be honest, everywhere we walk on is a graveyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston