Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:06 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Good Luck.
Do you know whats the catch with those 2% cashback/rebates from realtors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Do you know whats the catch with those 2% cashback/rebates from realtors?

Cashback/Rebates I don’t know, sorry. Now some realtors receiving a BTSA's may help in giving a contribution to there principal or client when purchasing a home. Hope that helps.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,427 times
I bought my first home without a realtor. It was a painful process. I have no one to ask or on my side. The whole time, I was wondering if I had sign something or interpret the sign form correctly. Or if there is anything wrong with the house.

Having a realtor works for you is a win win for both parties. You will understand that realtors work hard to earn your trust. How do I know? I am now a Realtor and I've been on both sides of the table.

If you are first time homebuyer, I strongly recommend you have a Realtor works for you. You pay nothing out of your pocket but you'll gain much these professionals especially your valuable time (family or work), less stress, confidence in your purchase. I have sold and bought both new and used homes and it is most rewarding when I get responses like "I did not know you can..." " I am glad you point that out, I didn't..."

I understand there are good and bad Realtors out there but they are like any other professions but you'll know if s/he is looking out for you or just his/her commission check. Also, don't be fooled by the age of the Realtor. Most old aged Realtors are NEW in the field.

Also, if you are afraid of signing contracts, asked that the contract expires within 1 week or even 1 day. If the reatlor refuses, then you can refuse to sign.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 55,651 times
If you talk to a realtor, he/she would say that you will save money with a realtor who represents you to buy a new home. If you go to the builder directly, the sales rep would say that you save money without a realtor. That was my experience. Maybe both of them told the truth. Maybe one of them is a liar. Who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: