Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,636 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying a house in Stone Gate. Great house, incredible price, all is good. However, we just feel as though something is off with the subdivision and can't figure out what is giving us this impression.

Are we crazy? Or does anyone have first hand information or opinions on Stone Gate for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 07:58 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
google native American burial grounds

Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,636 times
Thank you. I am sorry to say that I did, but can't find anything. Are you referring to the discovery found while excavating for the Grand Parkway? Is it built on possible burial grounds?

Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,195,821 times
Considering how old the earth is and how many people have died since the beginning of our time here - I think a safe assumption is there is someone buried under all of our houses.

That subdivision is fine.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:35 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,195,821 times
I am going to give another type of answer. There are subdivisions that I feel meh about - yet nothing is wrong with them at all. It's personal preference. If you LOVE the house and are so-so on the neighborhood - you might really consider that house. After all, the majority of the time you are home, you are in your own house and own yard. If just OK on the house and so-so on the subdivision - keep looking. It's your home. Just make sure you are realistic - don't look for a $600K house in a $600K neighborhood on a $250K budget.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:46 PM

784 posts, read 3,120,664 times
I have friends who bought a house there; they had it built when the neighborhood was just beginning. Beautiful house and beautiful outlook, but some problems with leaking windows in the first heavy rain storm. That was resolved. But something that was not resolved was the strictness of the HOA. They had to get permission when they wanted to plant shrubs and plants in their front yard ( and backyard too I think). They got warned when they planted the wrong ones or that were the wrong color. They had grown-up children not living at home, and as the annual HOA fee grew year by year to pay for all the amenities that families need, but that they did not, they began to get concerned about the cost. In the end, the husband got transferred overseas and the house was sold. The HOA's strictness is something that may bother everyone; the cost of the HOA fee may not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston