Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 PM

82 posts, read 177,593 times

Advertisements

Since my house is not done yet, I am not allowed to download the HOA's restriction for Aliana in regard to landscape, building extra wallway, building sun room, etc.... Can someone email or post the restriction deed here. Not sure why they don't post it in public so people can see and decide for themself if the rules/regulation is to their liking so they can decide for themself whether or not to choose Aliana for their home . Anyway, I would appreciate very much if someone can provide or let me know where i can get such document. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 02:13 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
It concerns me that you say your house isn't done yet but you are not allowed to know your restrictions. Meaning you have already contracted to buy. Without reviewing the disclosure packet I guess.

CC&Rs:
http://www.alianaliving.com/images/customers/464510/docs/ALIANA%20CCRS_1.PDF

Additionally, go here to click on Aliana's collection policy for delinquent accounts and for your bylaws.

http://www.alianaliving.com/documents.asp?id=464510&page=4

You need your disclosure packet which, by Texas law, will tell you all about fees, lawsuits and reserves and more so that you can get up to the minute info to judge the health of the community.

When clicking on Aliana HOA tab on the left of the page I noticed info about attending open board meetings. A resident needs to give prior notification received 5 days before the meeting. I can see if a person wanted something dealt with, some preparation to have the answer on hand would be good. But just to attend? Open? A group you're a member of?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
It concerns me that you say your house isn't done yet but you are not allowed to know your restrictions. Meaning you have already contracted to buy. Without reviewing the disclosure packet I guess.
Correct. Thank you for the restriction document though I dont see the detail requirement for landscaping guideline - what trees/shrubs/plants I can plant or can not plant:

SECTION 24. "Landscaoina Guidelines" shall mean and refer to landscape
design, installation and maintenance criteria for the Lots which are adopted by the
Declarant or the Design Review Committee. The Landscaping Guidelines may be
included within and be a part of the Builder Guidelines and different Landscaping
Guidelines may be adopted for different portions of the Properties or different
requirements may be adopted for Lots of different sizes.

Last edited by NovieN; 02-09-2014 at 05:25 AM..

Old 02-09-2014, 10:40 AM

682 posts, read 1,941,163 times
Did you ask your builder for a copy of the documents? The subdivision I live in wouldn't provide me the documents when I asked prior to committing to having a house built but the builder did.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:08 PM

aaah, that explained it. I will request that from my sale person. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston