Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 07:17 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,102,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post
I too took a drivers test at the conroe facility a couple months ago and I wanted to provide feedback that goes against what some posters said.

You are expected to stop at the tracks and look both ways before proceeding. I was dinged because I only slowed down.

was it for a CDL or passenger vehicle?

a regular vehicle i find that unusual and doubt thats a law unless someone can prove me wrong. seems like they dinged you for no reason lol. stopping in a regular car at railroad tracks could be a harzard imo especially with moving flowing traffic as one isnt expected to stop.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,772,676 times
It was for a regular passenger vehicle. Perhaps the woman testing me was wrong... I passed anyways but now that I search it, I do believe the tester made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
was it for a CDL or passenger vehicle?

a regular vehicle i find that unusual and doubt thats a law unless someone can prove me wrong. seems like they dinged you for no reason lol. stopping in a regular car at railroad tracks could be a harzard imo especially with moving flowing traffic as one isnt expected to stop.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 11,568 times
I took the driving test the other day and they failed me for taking the turn directly into the left lane (see question 1 and picture). I am not sure if I can turn into right lane and then into the left lane because of the solid line. I have the test again in next couple of hours. Can someone help me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmillichamp View Post
Hello chaps,

My younger brother has his DPS driving test tomorrow as his out of State license expired. He has been driving for many years 10+ without issue or incident.

However, sometimes we forget the smallest of technicalities when it comes to 'tests' and I need your help.

He has his driving test at Conroe and I believe no matter which route is taken, the following will be tested:

1) If I am the driver of the white vehicle (right side of screen) and need to exit the car parking lot and get into the LEFT turn only lane...how do I do it? Do I need to make a sharp 90 degree turn or is it ok to change lanes from right to left by crossing the solid white line?

The DPS examiner will be in the car so the driver needs to follow all rules!

2) When crossing a railway track - if there are no lights flashing or barrier down does the driver drive through with caution or do they need to stop? I know this is in the learning book but I am just checking the real life application of it

3) The driver will need to reverse the car in a the test area (typically no other cars there) for about 100 feet or more.

Does the driver need to turn on the hazard lights or any other turn indicators when reversing straight back?

4) When parallel parking does the driver get just one try or can they adjust their car, i.e. take it back out a bit, before finally stopping it.

Also, after turning on the right indicator before parallel parking, if the right turn indicator goes off because the steering is turning is that an issue? Does the driver turn it back on?

5) What is typically a good speed limit (if no signs are posted) to drive within a residential neighborhood? I believe the manual says 30 but can the driver remain at 25 for example?

Any other tips are welcome lads!

Thank you!
Andrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: