Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 02:00 PM

11 posts, read 16,695 times

Advertisements

Anyone lives in Auburn lakes or north hamption in the Spring can share the experience to deal with the dead/broke trees?

I have trees in my backyard. One is dead for a while but still standing. Another one broke after the storm last night, luckily without damage to others. Both of them are small, maybe 8 feet tall.

Can I just throw the broken tree with the trash? Will that be picked or I need to have someone to do it?

I called the MUD office and they wanted me to call the trash mgmt to decide the size which is fine to me but still want to hear your advices.

But the dead tree seems to get me trouble - They said the deed restriction required me to replace the tree with ANOTHER tree to be at least 6" diameter and 12" tall. I don't understand it at all. It was decided by the pre-ower to plant a tree there. I don't have a green thumb so I just want to have some easy to grow flowers since it's already dead.... Why I can't have my own landscaping?

I told them it's small tree and they said then I need to send an application to the Architecture Control Committee for approval with a tree photo...Is that what should happen?

Thanks as always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 02:20 PM

238 posts, read 696,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilidulu View Post
They said the deed restriction required me to replace the tree with ANOTHER tree to be at least 6" diameter and 12" tall.
Thanks as always!
I'm interested in this thread, specifically replacing a tree with the parameters defined by the deed restrictions. I'm wondering if you can replace the tree just by planting a baby tree that WILL grow to meet/exceed the size parameters, or would you have to plant a fully grown tree?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 PM

All my friends in woodlands would just take it down and throw it to the fireplace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbiker View Post
I'm interested in this thread, specifically replacing a tree with the parameters defined by the deed restrictions. I'm wondering if you can replace the tree just by planting a baby tree that WILL grow to meet/exceed the size parameters, or would you have to plant a fully grown tree?

Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Being proactive about removal usually isn't a problem. Replacement is the question.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilidulu View Post
All my friends in woodlands would just take it down and throw it to the fireplace...
Haha, get it!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 PM

129 posts, read 171,058 times
Oh Texans... so worried about what their giant "don't mess with Texas" bully governments will do to them if they don't acquire the blessings of liberal bureaucrats for every little thing they do... This concept of asking government permission to remove a tree in my own yard was new to me when I first came here; but in any case if I were you, I'd just cut it in pieces from the top down using wedges if necessary to direct the fall, then see if anyone want it. if it's really large and can make boards or furniture call some kind of logging/mill company. Depending on what kind of wood it is, it has at least some value. As far as the trash is concerned, if you go that rout just cut it up small and put a few pieces out in each weeks trash. There's always the option of burying it. If the bullies do fight about replacing it look for one that requires no maintenance, they're common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: