Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 PM

6 posts, read 23,384 times

Advertisements

Among the following new communities in Katy (south of I-10), I wonder which has the best potential of house value appreciation.

1) Pine Mill Ranch
2) Cross Creek Ranch
3) Cinco Ranch Northwest
4) Firethorne

I will appreciate any insights as well as the underlying rationales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 02:54 AM

370 posts, read 613,122 times
Cinco Ranch will not only hold it's value well, but appreciate the best.

Those homes zoned to Cinco High, Seven Lakes will always be in demand.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:41 AM

675 posts, read 1,453,962 times
Out of that list of four Cinco Ranch will. However, any "piggy-back" community (communities right next to Cinco) will appreciate as well. So Pine Mill and CCR will appreciate as well. Firethorne is ok just make sure it's the KatyISD side. We bought in a "piggy back" neighborhood (silver ranch) last year and our house has gone up 25% so we are very happy with our decision. People will come to look at Cinco Ranch first, then wander to the adjacent neighborhoods and realize that they will be zoned to the same schools as Cinco Ranch and homes are significantly less for something very similar. There's value in that and people see it. Anyways, best of luck! South Katy is great.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 PM

6 posts, read 23,384 times
Actually Cinco Ranch Northwest is NOT zoned to either Cinco Ranch high or Seven Lakes high school. Instead, all the four communities I listed will be zoned to the new Tompkins High School.

Will anyone think the Cross Creek Ranch (KISD side) will have the best potential of house value appreciation compared to the other three communities? Cross Creek looks like the most beautiful one among all those new communities. Also it has a new elementary school (perhaps new junior high and high schools in few years).

Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 PM

104 posts, read 177,057 times
Currently Firethorn west of 1463 is zoned to Katy High not Tompkins. I am not sure about the Firethorn sections on the east side of 1463.

Cinco has the name recognition that will help in the near future on appreciation. Long term CCR might catch up but being divided into two school districts could hurt it a little. CCR is in the Fulshear city limits or ETJ, so if Fulshear can continue to attract high quality development this could be a plus.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,763,614 times
In this order
1. Cinco
2. Cross Creek ranch
3. Firethorne
4. Pine mill Ranch

CCR(Tompkins) and Firethorne(Katy) is split between KISD and LCISD, and when the schools are built for the LCISD side of these communities it will be a huge plus.

FYI; I would look at Cardiff Ranch and Silver Ranch over Pine Mill Ranch.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:05 AM

26 posts, read 67,465 times
I agree with Keyan, Cinco Ranch does hold and most importantly SET the values for this side of Katy.

Cross Creek Ranch is doing fabulous with BRAND NEW home sales. However resell does poorly. There are several factors for this. Main reason is that majority of resale buyers wanting to live in Katy, well look under Katy, not Fulshear. I guarantee you that you will always be driving into Katy for all your events, shopping, activities. Fulshear is great but it has many more years to go before true commercial development really takes a move and builds there. ASk yourself why does Cross Creek Ranch offer a Café? Where is the nearest Café ? ... Yes folks other than the the Café within the community center of Fulshear you will head to Katy Or into the Fulshear town at the end of 1093 Take a drive and you will know what I am talking about.

Firethorne is okay however it did not get zoned to the new highly desired Tompkins High School, there was an uproar within the community about this.

Pine Mill Ranch is nearly completed and closed out. Research on har how much homes were last year and how much homes are now, not only has brand new homes appreciated but resale homes are greatly appreciated. Pine Mill Ranch has consistently been on the top 50 sub divisions in Houston. Resale and brand new is doing fabulous in Pine Mill Ranch because of the LOCATION! Additionally the new elementary and new High School is just near or in the neighborhood. You are close to EVERYTHING yet tucked away from major traffic. 1463 is booming and Pine Mill is right off it. Spring Green is booming and Pine Mill is right off. Katy is booming and Pine Mill is in it. Cinco Ranch is a great community with a brand name. The communities surrounding Cinco has benefited greatly from this. They will never be the same price but as far as appreciation they all will appreciate in the same way.

Example

Cinco home purchased in 2012 that is 2500 square feet on a 50 foot lot that cost 250K may now be 340K
Appreciation: 90K

Pine Mill home purchased in 2012 that is 2500 square feet on a 50 foot lot that cost 200 may now be 310K
appreciation: 90K

As you can see both properties appreciated in equity the same amount, however the selling and buying price was different. This is why many people say Cinco will always be expensive. It is true but keep in mind you will BUY at a higher price also.

The most desired community in the NATION is using the exact same schools as Pine Mill Ranch their new section Cinco Southwest are zoned to the same schools. The main roads are right off the same roads as Pine Mill Ranch.

IMO Pine Mill Ranch is not just the best bang for your buck, but even better location that Cinco Northwest OR Cross Creek Ranch. It may not have the "amenities" but keep in mind neither does Seven Meadows. Seven Meadows gained extreme popularity AFTER build out, when everyone noticed how far new builds were going and how convenient a location it was to be in Seven Meadows.

Avalon at Pine Mill has been one of the FASTEST selling next to Avalon at Cinco.

The reason why I would look at Pine Mill Ranch over Cardiff and Silver is simply due to the fact that Pine ill Ranch has a greater variety of pricing. Avalon at Pine Mill has homes up to 1 Million, and Silver Ranch goes up to 400K (but rising) Pine Mill Ranch (non gated) has homes through to 600K.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 AM

430 posts, read 1,257,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty4tx View Post
It may not have the "amenities" but keep in mind neither does Seven Meadows.
Although not as many as Cinco Ranch, Seven Meadows does have amenities -- two swimming pools, tennis courts, club house, and parks/playgrounds.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,763,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty4tx View Post
I agree with Keyan, Cinco Ranch does hold and most importantly SET the values for this side of Katy.

Cross Creek Ranch is doing fabulous with BRAND NEW home sales. However resell does poorly. There are several factors for this. Main reason is that majority of resale buyers wanting to live in Katy, well look under Katy, not Fulshear. I guarantee you that you will always be driving into Katy for all your events, shopping, activities. Fulshear is great but it has many more years to go before true commercial development really takes a move and builds there. ASk yourself why does Cross Creek Ranch offer a Café? Where is the nearest Café ? ... Yes folks other than the the Café within the community center of Fulshear you will head to Katy Or into the Fulshear town at the end of 1093 Take a drive and you will know what I am talking about.

Firethorne is okay however it did not get zoned to the new highly desired Tompkins High School, there was an uproar within the community about this.

Pine Mill Ranch is nearly completed and closed out. Research on har how much homes were last year and how much homes are now, not only has brand new homes appreciated but resale homes are greatly appreciated. Pine Mill Ranch has consistently been on the top 50 sub divisions in Houston. Resale and brand new is doing fabulous in Pine Mill Ranch because of the LOCATION! Additionally the new elementary and new High School is just near or in the neighborhood. You are close to EVERYTHING yet tucked away from major traffic. 1463 is booming and Pine Mill is right off it. Spring Green is booming and Pine Mill is right off. Katy is booming and Pine Mill is in it. Cinco Ranch is a great community with a brand name. The communities surrounding Cinco has benefited greatly from this. They will never be the same price but as far as appreciation they all will appreciate in the same way.

Example

Cinco home purchased in 2012 that is 2500 square feet on a 50 foot lot that cost 250K may now be 340K
Appreciation: 90K

Pine Mill home purchased in 2012 that is 2500 square feet on a 50 foot lot that cost 200 may now be 310K
appreciation: 90K

As you can see both properties appreciated in equity the same amount, however the selling and buying price was different. This is why many people say Cinco will always be expensive. It is true but keep in mind you will BUY at a higher price also.

The most desired community in the NATION is using the exact same schools as Pine Mill Ranch their new section Cinco Southwest are zoned to the same schools. The main roads are right off the same roads as Pine Mill Ranch.

IMO Pine Mill Ranch is not just the best bang for your buck, but even better location that Cinco Northwest OR Cross Creek Ranch. It may not have the "amenities" but keep in mind neither does Seven Meadows. Seven Meadows gained extreme popularity AFTER build out, when everyone noticed how far new builds were going and how convenient a location it was to be in Seven Meadows.

Avalon at Pine Mill has been one of the FASTEST selling next to Avalon at Cinco.

The reason why I would look at Pine Mill Ranch over Cardiff and Silver is simply due to the fact that Pine ill Ranch has a greater variety of pricing. Avalon at Pine Mill has homes up to 1 Million, and Silver Ranch goes up to 400K (but rising) Pine Mill Ranch (non gated) has homes through to 600K.
Firethorne and Pine Mill started around the same time and has sold more homes while having a higher starting point than Pine Mill. I think Firethorne is a much better developed community than Pine Mill hands down. Firethorne has seen the same rise in appraisal as Pine Mill and may have a stronger resale. I'm scratching my head as to why you thing Pine Mill is better? lol

Cross Creek and Pine Mill isn't on the same level, keep spinning it however you want.

Now if your opinion is all about "SCHOOLS" then I would go with Silver Ranch because it will see the same rise in equity as Pine Mill without paying for a overpriced community. If I'm not mistaken I think Silver Ranch has sold more homes than Pine Mill in less time. Silver Ranch is a better bang for your buck IMHO.

I really don't think there's a big difference between Katy, Cinco, 7L and Tompkins IMO it's not like one school is going to make or break a students college aspirations over the other.

Last edited by usc619; 04-28-2014 at 08:50 AM..

Old 04-28-2014, 09:16 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDPS View Post
Among the following new communities in Katy (south of I-10), I wonder which has the best potential of house value appreciation.

1) Pine Mill Ranch
2) Cross Creek Ranch
3) Cinco Ranch Northwest
4) Firethorne

I will appreciate any insights as well as the underlying rationales.
Out of those communities which one best suits your needs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston