Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,810 times

Advertisements

I hear that the summer months are the busiest months for home sales. I have been following HAR.com constantly and I am just not noticing alot of new houses coming up for sale (looking in 77079/77024). I know that the current demand for homes is outpacing supply, but I am still hopeful that the situation will improve a bit. Will the number of listings pick up in the next month or so? I am a rookie who is just trying to get an idea of what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 02:24 PM

914 posts, read 1,833,995 times
Get a realtor with one of the major players that specializes in the Memorial area. These realtors sometimes know of properties within their shop that are getting ready to go on the market. They usually get a jump on other buyers. By the time a property in a hot area hits MLS, there are already showings lined up. Anyone listing their house now has to have someplace else to move so the lack of inventory feeds on itself.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:29 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,501,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovators2 View Post
I hear that the summer months are the busiest months for home sales. I have been following HAR.com constantly and I am just not noticing alot of new houses coming up for sale (looking in 77079/77024). I know that the current demand for homes is outpacing supply, but I am still hopeful that the situation will improve a bit. Will the number of listings pick up in the next month or so? I am a rookie who is just trying to get an idea of what to expect.
I don't think it will pick up, but drop off even more. Hot monthes used to be March and April. The problem is, like mentioned above, there is no place to really move to (due to soaring prices) so people are pretty much staying and renovating. Anything nice under 850 is snapped up within a week of list, or sells privately never hitting the MlS. Over 850 and unrenovated tends to sit a for a while. 77024 just seems to be mostly old and average remodel or 2mil and up. The only ones that sit in that zip are the mega million dollar ones, but they do move a lot faster than they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston