Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 08:22 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,700,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
You would think that if you have been recycling forever you would want to start using the bigger can. Just think of how much more stuff you can recycle now...
If I had a place to store another big trash can I would. I just have no room for it. I wish I did. It would be much easier to recycle with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,778,083 times
If you can't find a place in your garage for a recycle can something is wrong.

your house or garage that small?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:53 AM

914 posts, read 1,835,508 times
Some areas of town don't have them yet. Maybe another poster with lots of recycling will take it off your hands.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,958,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I was delivered a new recycling trash can like the normal trash cans which are for automated pickup.
If they are transitioning to automated service, you won't be able to use the old bins. The carts are designed specifically for the arm that dumps the cart into the truck. The automated trucks have a driver that controls the arm, so there would be no one to manually empty one of the bins.

This assumes automation, of course.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM

392 posts, read 999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
If you can't find a place in your garage for a recycle can something is wrong.

your house or garage that small?
Wtf does it matter, no room means no room. If I tell you my ass smells like roses you going to stick your nose in it to check?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:16 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,057,643 times
Houston has single stream recycling now. It started a while ago in the city and is now spreading. If you just got your big can you are now a part of it. Im not aware the burbs being a part of this, but they may just have big bins.

I dont have an hoa but have deed restrictions. Im sure where you live youll likely have the same rules that the bins have to be hidden from street view. Clean out the garage so you can store them or consider building a decoratove screen. On our neighbhorhood website they had some photos pf some designs people used to be clever if you cant store them on the side of the house and have them be out of view.

Going single stream is a big deal and not a lot of places in texas or US can say they are as green about recycling as houston is now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston