Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 PM

331 posts, read 487,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I guess I just prefer to live in an area where gangs are not so prevalent. Call me crazy.
look, not trying to argue, but i don't think gangs are prevalent in meadows place at all. There is too much police presence in a small area. If there is data to suggest otherwise, it would be a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Well, eventually you have the leave your home in Meadows Place. Unless, you don't work and grow your own food.The surrounding area is not desirable. But, like a always say, "Different strokes for different folks."
Don't the residents go south and west into Sugar Land and Stafford for their necessities? In the case of Bellaire residents just go east and south into other areas (not to mention the Randalls and HEB in the city limits) instead of going west into Gulfton?

Old 06-08-2014, 11:17 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
Thanks for all the responses so far. I tend to agree that safety is not an issue there. I have looked this up and the statistics for Meadows Place suggest that it is a very safe community. Any other thoughts on quality of life, the parks, the neighborhoods, etc?

Old 06-08-2014, 10:43 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
The Meadows Place schools: Meadows Elementary School, Dulles Middle School, Dulles High School.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,382 times
I didn't say Meadows Place is unsafe, necessarily. The area immediately surrounding it is not desirable or safe. I used to live in that area. Burglar bars are everywhere. And if it is so great, why are the houses so cheap?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
When my wife & I were looking into moving out to the burbs, Meadows Place was one of my top choices because of the affordability & the quality of the schools zoned to it. We loved it on paper, but when we went to check out some of the houses there we changed our minds. Yes, they were significantly cheaper than our current abode, or other properties further into Sugar Land; but even the remodeled ones just felt really old. It's not like HGTV to be honest, most of the remodels are more surface touches, but you can't cover up an old design & layout with granite countertops.

If you're okay with that, then I'd say go for it. I liked the feel of the neighborhood, and the folks we talked to in the neighborhood were really pleasant, but we'd spend most of our time in a house & I don't know if it would've worked for us in the long run.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:42 PM

331 posts, read 487,406 times
I would agree with others that you cannot compare Meadows to much more expensive areas. I think that, for the price, it has a great location, schools, and amenities. Perhaps better than any other area that I'm aware of under $200k. Downsides include some of the adjoining area, aging infrastructure and older houses that need updating or have unworkable layouts as another poster mentioned. Simply put, you are not going to get there what you would get if you paid $250k for a house. That's obvious; otherwise it would cost more to live there. But I think you get about as much there as you do in other areas $200k and below... and you can buy a house there for $150k. I think part of the deal with Meadows is it's not well known. People don't know it's its own city due to its location, size, and the fact that it has a Stafford postal address. Also, it's all relative. Someone who can only afford to rent or buy a $130k house would probably think it's really nice where as someone with a $500k budget would not. It depends on where you are in life. But I think the place has tremendous upside; I'll just put it that way.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:14 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post
I would agree with others that you cannot compare Meadows to much more expensive areas. I think that, for the price, it has a great location, schools, and amenities. Perhaps better than any other area that I'm aware of under $200k. Downsides include some of the adjoining area, aging infrastructure and older houses that need updating or have unworkable layouts as another poster mentioned. Simply put, you are not going to get there what you would get if you paid $250k for a house. That's obvious; otherwise it would cost more to live there. But I think you get about as much there as you do in other areas $200k and below... and you can buy a house there for $150k. I think part of the deal with Meadows is it's not well known. People don't know it's its own city due to its location, size, and the fact that it has a Stafford postal address. Also, it's all relative. Someone who can only afford to rent or buy a $130k house would probably think it's really nice where as someone with a $500k budget would not. It depends on where you are in life. But I think the place has tremendous upside; I'll just put it that way.
Methinks ftbend06 nailed it.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I am thinking this area might be what many new posters are looking for. Location, homes less than 200,000, good schools, safe, and community oriented.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,452,647 times
I bought a house in Stafford in Grove West for 258K in May 2014

Last Sunday I went to this open house which is 5 houses next to me. Exact same house same lay out same footage same plan everything same. A few small upgrades and a pool which I do not have

It is asking for $325K.

Realtor said, sugarland is so expensive that people are looking for cheaper areas so they come to Stafford. Same house in Sugarland goes for 500K and Sugarland is accross the street because we are on the border of Stafford. We are almost on Dairy Ashford which is the border between Sugarland and Stafford.

I said "real estate market is peaked" but the realtor did not agree. She thinks this will continue to go up but then she is the realtor, what else would you expect her to say?

Looking at the price history, this increase can not continue, this is insane. When the interest rates start the rise, prices will fall. This is inevitable. and unbelievable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston