Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 12:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times

Advertisements

Sorry - meant to say "I know your response was not directed towards me...".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 01:42 AM

15 posts, read 26,069 times
I recently bought a house in Riverstone that cost over $600K which I drive by the apartments to get to everyday, so you might expect me to be really peeved by the apartments. I might be the first Riverstone resident to feel this way, but I don't mind the apartments. They are not going to take away from the visual grandeur of the community. They are being built using stucco, and stone (Maybe I am just partial to stucco and stone). They will also blend in with the architecture of that area, and the commercial district that is coming soon. Also it has been a well known fact for decades that you should not buy a house in FBISD with the pretense that your son or daughter will go to a certain school because rezoning can happen at anytime. I don't have kids in grade school, but would not mind if they had to go to APE or CBE. Also it is going to be nice to have a ES on Winding Waters in a couple of years. However, take that information with a grain of salt because FBISD can change its plans at anytime. Even if they built a landfill on LJ Parkway and Cabrera Drive, I would still consider Riverstone a great place to live. What I am about to say is not racist because I am 2nd generation Indian American. I think people in the Indian community have a serious superiority complex. Just because our minority was able to come to this country, and become successful (because of the abundance of immigrants from our country who were trained in technical and medical fields) does not mean we have the right to put down other minorities that as a whole may not have had the same success as us. Don't put down anybody who lives in any apartment complex anywhere in the world, or is even homeless. You could be in their shoes tomorrow. Be happy and thankful that you are living in one of the best MPCs in the country, and you get to raise your children here.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesugarking View Post
...Even if they built a landfill on LJ Parkway and Cabrera Drive, I would still consider Riverstone a great place to live. ...
I grew up near one of the biggest in Staten Island, NY. Fresh Kills was once the largest landfill in the world as well as largest man-made structure (lol).

We were 8 miles from there but the stench could be smelled all over the island. Even in the dead of winter you could smell it. And during a hot and humid summer? Horrid. That's a smell that is forever burned into my memory and olfactory receptors.

I would never knowingly buy near any place that I thought might get a landfill.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I grew up near one of the biggest in Staten Island, NY. Fresh Kills was once the largest landfill in the world as well as largest man-made structure (lol).

We were 8 miles from there but the stench could be smelled all over the island. Even in the dead of winter you could smell it. And during a hot and humid summer? Horrid. That's a smell that is forever burned into my memory and olfactory receptors.

I would never knowingly buy near any place that I thought might get a landfill.
That's why you don't live in Shadow Creek Ranch. I keed, I keed.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,828 times
And just to add more fire to Riverstone. I have a pool but my kids wanted to try the new water park in Riverstone by LJ & University. It was just OK but very very crowded. Maybe just a crowded day, who knows. Imagine what that will be when the apartments are ready to go. And the apartments are conveniently located right next to the water park. Glad I have my own pool, but still.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:30 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,021,921 times
Won't the apartments have their own amenities? Unless they are paying HOA fees I don't see how the neighbood parks will be open to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
And just to add more fire to Riverstone. I have a pool but my kids wanted to try the new water park in Riverstone by LJ & University. It was just OK but very very crowded. Maybe just a crowded day, who knows. Imagine what that will be when the apartments are ready to go. And the apartments are conveniently located right next to the water park. Glad I have my own pool, but still.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,664,511 times
The apartments are supposed to have their own pool.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,020,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Apartment residents will not have access to the Riverstone rec centers or tennis courts. They are not HOA members.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,220,586 times
just takes a person to mysteriously turn their backs and let them in....you see that fun waterpark...people will go out their way to do that

Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
That's why you don't live in Shadow Creek Ranch. I keed, I keed.
Yep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston