Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 PM

42 posts, read 69,397 times

Advertisements

we're getting to houston on tuesday and i'm trying to narrow down our subdivisions since i only have a few weeks to get a contract on a house and enroll the kids in a school. any and all input is greatly appreciated. right now (with sight unseen) my favorites are:

jacobs reserve
creekside park
cinco
bentwater
woodforest

commute is not an issue since my husband will be working form home. my most important needs are (like everyone) great schools and a neighborhood with elementary school aged children..... also our top budget is 425....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 07:44 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
All are nice. Cinco is quite far from the others - also majority of Cinco is more established. Although the northern 4 are nice - there is more sporadic areas nearby that aren't so manicured, whereas Cinco makes the gas stations, etc. disguise themselves.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
All are nice. Cinco is quite far from the others - also majority of Cinco is more established. Although the northern 4 are nice - there is more sporadic areas nearby that aren't so manicured, whereas Cinco makes the gas stations, etc. disguise themselves.

thank you!!! i'm having a hard time convincing my husband to look in cinco. he visited houston a few weeks ago and said Katy was super busy. right now we are about 1/2 hour from downtown raleigh (i drive by cattle and tobacco fields on the way to the kids school). he says i'm not going to like katy, that it felt tight. but i want to give every possible area a chance. as an agent do you believe the other neighborhoods (beside cinco) will hold the value and appreciate? also do you think cinco will still be desirable in a few years? your thought are appreciated!!!!!

Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
What about kingwood or the woodlands since commute isn't a big deal. Kingwood has a great forested feeling, lakes, and more home for the price. It's also reasonably close to amenities in Houston. the woodlands is a great smallish city that is pretty much self contained.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
The north 4 are close enough to the Exxon compound - so appreciation will be very good there, too. In fact, I am thinking it will outshine Cinco's for awhile, once 99 Grand Parkway is completed in that area. Then it will slow eventually and match Cinco's. Yeah, you will see some fields (not tobacco - lol) and cows up there - you won't in Cinco unless you are the outskirts.

Meyerland's suggestion of Kingwood is a good one, too.

Cinco is crepe myrtles/live oak/a few pines. The north is more pines.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
The north 4 are close enough to the Exxon compound - so appreciation will be very good there, too. In fact, I am thinking it will outshine Cinco's for awhile, once 99 Grand Parkway is completed in that area. Then it will slow eventually and match Cinco's. Yeah, you will see some fields (not tobacco - lol) and cows up there - you won't in Cinco unless you are the outskirts.

Meyerland's suggestion of Kingwood is a good one, too.

Cinco is crepe myrtles/live oak/a few pines. The north is more pines.
thank you both.... actually I just noticed they growing cotton this year, tobacco will be next year!

Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 PM

98 posts, read 196,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpruitt2005 View Post
thank you!!! i'm having a hard time convincing my husband to look in cinco. he visited houston a few weeks ago and said Katy was super busy. right now we are about 1/2 hour from downtown raleigh (i drive by cattle and tobacco fields on the way to the kids school). he says i'm not going to like katy, that it felt tight. but i want to give every possible area a chance. as an agent do you believe the other neighborhoods (beside cinco) will hold the value and appreciate? also do you think cinco will still be desirable in a few years? your thought are appreciated!!!!!

Maybe check out WoodCreek Reserve in Katy, my wife and I recently signed up for a new construction with AshtonWoods after a lot of research. The lots are quite bigger by standard (avg. around 10k-11K sqft) and the community appears more spacious and well spread out than a lot of the crowded subdivisions we have explored in and around Katy. A lot of mature trees as well and easy enough access to I10 without the road noise. On-site elementary and junior high within a mile, both excellent Katy ISD schools. Currently zoned to Katy High School and since its one of the older high schools in Katy, I have seen a lot of bias in this forum either completely leaning towards or away from it to the newer high schools but we did not care. We love the 150 acre wooded park with lakes and tennis courts reserved only WCR residents. 425K will get you a really good house and they have only a couple in the inventory I think but you may be able to negotiate really hard. You will be buying a house surrounded by some very expensive communities.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghouston View Post
Maybe check out WoodCreek Reserve in Katy, my wife and I recently signed up for a new construction with AshtonWoods after a lot of research. The lots are quite bigger by standard (avg. around 10k-11K sqft) and the community appears more spacious and well spread out than a lot of the crowded subdivisions we have explored in and around Katy. A lot of mature trees as well and easy enough access to I10 without the road noise. On-site elementary and junior high within a mile, both excellent Katy ISD schools. Currently zoned to Katy High School and since its one of the older high schools in Katy, I have seen a lot of bias in this forum either completely leaning towards or away from it to the newer high schools but we did not care. We love the 150 acre wooded park with lakes and tennis courts reserved only WCR residents. 425K will get you a really good house and they have only a couple in the inventory I think but you may be able to negotiate really hard. You will be buying a house surrounded by some very expensive communities.

thank you so much for the information! i really appreciate it!!!! finding a home in such a short time and from far away is tough!!! although we are stating our 19 hour drive on sunday

Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,809 times
Jacob's Reserve schools are zoned for The Woodlands (Conroe ISD). Randall's and HEB supermarkets are nearby (within minutes) along with a gym, gas station, Japanese Grill and Mexican food. 8 min drive to the I-45. Quiet area and many new sections. You have options between Perry Homes and DR Horton. Homes are beautiful and energy efficient. Pricing ranges from 300k-470k, depending on lot size and rooms. It's also a Neighborhood Watch Community. I work from home as well and if you select a home in time, you could make certain customizations to suit your husband's needs. If you drive to Magnolia on the 1488 about 15-20 minutes out, you'll see farms with horses.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
When you get more focused, you will get better response. Only you know whats best...otherwise live temporary for a few months to get a feel of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston