Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Yeah, houses are selling like crazy around here. I was looking at a small house that had been listed for all of 3 days.

When I called the real estate agent for a showing, the seller had just accepted an offer from someone else.

That evening I looked at a different house on har.com and the next day I went to check on it again and it had a pending status. It's nuts.

Fortunately, there's a guy I know personally who is considering selling his home so I may just buy it from him.
A couple years ago when my parents were looking to move, they had a few requirements. They wanted to be in an area between all their kids, they wanted a one story home and they wanted it to already have a pool (the cheapest way to get a pool in most cases).

Each time my mom found a potential house, it was pending by the time she viewed it.

Eventually, I used the HAR tool to give me a notification each time a home that fit their specs became available. One morning I got the notification of a home that was EXACTLY what they wanted in their price range going on the market, but they were at the airport leaving for vacation. I called their realtor, looked at it three hours later and made the offer. They had a contract on it three days before they even saw the home. lol. My instructions to the realtor were very clear, make an offer of X, but don't let the day end without an agreement even if it was for the asking price. The sellers accepted the initial offer since it was a reasonable one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 11:49 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A couple years ago when my parents were looking to move, they had a few requirements. They wanted to be in an area between all their kids, they wanted a one story home and they wanted it to already have a pool (the cheapest way to get a pool in most cases).

Each time my mom found a potential house, it was pending by the time she viewed it.

Eventually, I used the HAR tool to give me a notification each time a home that fit their specs became available. One morning I got the notification of a home that was EXACTLY what they wanted in their price range going on the market, but they were at the airport leaving for vacation. I called their realtor, looked at it three hours later and made the offer. They had a contract on it three days before they even saw the home. lol. My instructions to the realtor were very clear, make an offer of X, but don't let the day end without an agreement even if it was for the asking price. The sellers accepted the initial offer since it was a reasonable one.
My best friends are moving back into town this summer and they have some specific requirements for a house as well. I've sent them a lot of listings, and know their taste pretty well. One came on the market in the specific neighborhood they were looking at and I went and looked at it for them. I loved the house and knew they would as well.

I called them up, and we put in an offer in on the house and it was accepted. A couple of days later, I took a video of the house for my friends to see it and get a feel of the layout. They love it.

The first time the husband saw it in person was the day we had it inspected, and the wife hasn't seen it yet, and might not before we close the deal at the end of the month. Sometimes you just have to have faith that that perfect house will come along!!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM

182 posts, read 350,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
I don't need to live in Bellaire because of 2 words... gulfton ghetto. I went through Bellaire once its pretty run down looking in most places.

and Bellaire schools aren't even close to what friendswood schools are.
LOL. Have you even seen the homes there, or did you just drive down the road. There are some massive houses there that look impeccable.

I needed a laugh for the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston