Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 13,965 times

Advertisements

Looking for opinions/recommendations for the BEST Cable provider that services the Westheimer Lakes SOUTH subdivision.

We've been given notice that we can now (after Mar. 31, 2015) opt out of Entouch's bundled services, so we definitely want to drop Entouch.

Curious what cable providers others in the area are happy with...???

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 12:45 PM

833 posts, read 1,898,063 times
You have a choice between Comcast and Uverse, you will hear great things about both and horrible things about both. Comcast has faster tiers of internet and more on demand content. Uverse internet you can still get 45mb which is good for the typical user and has more HD content especially if you order premium channels along with wireless receivers. Both run 2 year contract deals that are going to get you about the same pricing. Start with one and when 2 years hits switch to the other and back after another 2 years.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 AM

Default Thanks

jtothemak - Thanks for responding!
Do you prefer one over the other in regards to Cable service?
I've only used Direct in the past (aside from Entouch).

Old 12-11-2014, 08:24 AM

676 posts, read 939,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStateChick View Post
jtothemak - Thanks for responding!
Do you prefer one over the other in regards to Cable service?
I've only used Direct in the past (aside from Entouch).
U-Verse TV is terrible. The picture and sound quality are much lower than Comcast, Dish, or DirecTV. It also tends to pixelate (tile) up more and go out more often. I have friends in other areas that have also had the same exact issues.

I have had them all and have been the most satisfied with DirecTV, with Dish coming in second. Comcast is 3rd mainly because of the customer service and crappy set-top boxes, and Crap-Verse comes in a very very distant fourth because of the issues I mentioned before, bad customer service, and crappy set-top boxes.

I never really have any issues with DirecTV at all. Everything seems to work great and the picture and sound quality are the best available in the area. I also rarely have issues with it going out in bad weather, and if it does its usually only for a few seconds. I use Comcast for internet and get over 100mbps.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:14 PM

Default Thank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
U-Verse TV is terrible. The picture and sound quality are much lower than Comcast, Dish, or DirecTV. It also tends to pixelate (tile) up more and go out more often. I have friends in other areas that have also had the same exact issues.

I have had them all and have been the most satisfied with DirecTV, with Dish coming in second. Comcast is 3rd mainly because of the customer service and crappy set-top boxes, and Crap-Verse comes in a very very distant fourth because of the issues I mentioned before, bad customer service, and crappy set-top boxes.

I never really have any issues with DirecTV at all. Everything seems to work great and the picture and sound quality are the best available in the area. I also rarely have issues with it going out in bad weather, and if it does its usually only for a few seconds. I use Comcast for internet and get over 100mbps.
Thanks so much - this is a big help! I'm a fan of DirectTv, but thought it was worth asking what the other providers are like...!

Old 12-15-2014, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,291 times
We are given opt out choices but still have to pay almost as much as the yearly fee to get out. I was Told when we purchased our house that we could opt out in a year and pay an early term fee. At the end of 3 years there would be no fee. Not true. I have called Entouch and the HOA repeatedly! They just bounce you back and forth. This morning I told the receptionist of the HOA that if no one can produce a contract then I don't owe anyone anything and she told me to call the developer..... No cable company has a never ending contract yet no one can produce the contract. I wonder how many people are just going to pay the opt out fee and not question this. Either way, Entouch gets paid and I'm sure kicks back to the developer and builders for committing fraud against residents!

Old 12-15-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorrison01 View Post
We are given opt out choices but still have to pay almost as much as the yearly fee to get out. I was Told when we purchased our house that we could opt out in a year and pay an early term fee. At the end of 3 years there would be no fee. Not true. I have called Entouch and the HOA repeatedly! They just bounce you back and forth. This morning I told the receptionist of the HOA that if no one can produce a contract then I don't owe anyone anything and she told me to call the developer..... No cable company has a never ending contract yet no one can produce the contract. I wonder how many people are just going to pay the opt out fee and not question this. Either way, Entouch gets paid and I'm sure kicks back to the developer and builders for committing fraud against residents!
I'm really interested in what you find out between the HOA and Entouch. It'd be great to not have to pay that large opt-out fee. We can't wait to be rid of their cable service.
Thanks for your response!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:50 PM

19 posts, read 27,430 times
Been in Westheimer Lakes South now going on 3rd year. I always said it was a racket with Entouch, and that I would fight the opt out when the time came. Fortunately (or unfortunately for others) I havent had any problems, and am staying with them for 2015. Now with that being said, I will still fight when its time to get out. The opt out is 400, but nowhere in any of my new home build paperwork does it say ( or where I signed ) that i agree to pay 400 to opt out.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:53 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,313,264 times
Surprisingly, I haven't had much issues with entouch internet but I am not sure about their cable service...

Old 12-16-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Surprisingly, I haven't had much issues with entouch internet but I am not sure about their cable service...
Luckily Entouch's internet hasn't given us many problems - It's their cable that is so awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: