Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 11:59 AM

9 posts, read 11,307 times

Advertisements

We bought a home in Tamarron also and so far like the way the neighborhood seems to be headed. All of the neighbors that we have met also purchased their homes to live in. So there are definitely many people in the Express Homes area that are not investors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 04:37 PM

73 posts, read 97,457 times
I am not in the express homes area, but I haven't met anyone that is renting. With that said I also haven't met everyone.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:49 PM

388 posts, read 686,966 times
We were out there today. Loved the entrance, clubhouse, playground and pool area. The entrance reminded us of a resort. We are interested in the Express and DR Horton line of homes. We loved the 1 story model of the Express home...just loved it. We have literally been looking for about 2 years and this is one of the few homes we walked in and just liked the "feel". While some might not like the house is built how you see it, the only problem that will be for you is if you don't like the chosen cabinet, paint and counter colors. They chose all nice neutral colors. So unless you are tacky (we see homes like this all the time), honestly, it's just fine. The colors in both of the model homes are understated and can speak to a lot of styles. Plus, unlike some other Express communities, the appliances are SS. Other communities have black appliances, so this was nice to see.

I'm not sure why the OP decided to put Express homes in quotation marks? Like as if something is wrong with these homes or there should be some joke attached?

Honestly? All homes in huge communities are built by fly by night contractors. There is no such thing as quality work anymore. There just isn't. If you are looking for a solid home that has been backed by integrity, then buy a home built in the 20's, look at custom or build it yourself like the Amish. Those kinds of builds just don't exist anymore. But if you want a nice house, in a nice area with good schools and good for families and this place speaks to you, then take a look. When it's all said and done, and we are locked behind our doors and tucked in bed, we are all pretty lucky to be in a house that some will only ever dream about. I feel incredibly lucky my family can even consider this as an option.

As far as education, they confirmed today all homes being built now (no matter the brand) are being built in LCISD. I really haven't heard horrible things about this district. Katy gets mixed reviews. We know someone that teaches in a lower end area but has kids that attended one of the more affluent high schools in Katy and was severely let down concerning one of her kids. So, it's a toss up. I'm truly not that worried. If our children struggle in school, we make needed arrangements to intervene and get them the help they need to succeed. Education is mostly at home, anyway. We don't depend on schools entirely to do most of what we should be doing. I doubt our kids are going to have a rough go in these schools.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:56 PM

388 posts, read 686,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
I was wondering how those express homes were selling so quickly...and then I confirmed my suspicion. All of those homes were sold to "investors", that area of Tamarron is landlord paradise. Fifteen express homes are currently on the market for lease with several of them having price reductions. They back up to some really nice Firethorne homes too. While not all tenants are bad, they simply do not take care of the lawn/home as if it were its own. I have seen it time and time again.
We are considering to buy here and we are not investors lol.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 AM

234 posts, read 425,319 times
I agree Tamarron is kind of sketchy. I wonder why Perry Homes pulled out of there and Ventana Lakes (another DR Horton community).

Old 08-04-2018, 02:06 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
I agree Tamarron is kind of sketchy. I wonder why Perry Homes pulled out of there and Ventana Lakes (another DR Horton community).
What is sketchy about it? This better not be more prejudice against entry-level-homes. They are needed in the market.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:24 AM

467 posts, read 778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
I think once Elyson opened Perry & DR Horton couldn’t get $300K+ in Ventana when you could buy in a master planned (Elyson)

Old 08-08-2018, 12:02 PM

234 posts, read 425,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
What is sketchy about it? This better not be more prejudice against entry-level-homes. They are needed in the market.
Sketchy in terms of Planned Development. As an example, Ventana Lakes started off with brick fencing all around the neighborhood. There weren't as many homes that were built with the majority of siding, mainly brick and stone was built with Perry and DR Horton. Homes were more uniform. Since Perry Homes pulled out, DR Horton has built several "express" related homes or "starter homes". There is no longer a mixture of "starter homes". Wood fencing has dominated the remaining build out in that community. Tamarron seems to be following suit but to a lesser extent because DR Horton is still selling their "Lexus" brand of homes in that community, Emerald Homes.

Last edited by 96tahoe; 08-08-2018 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 01:55 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
My husband and I joke that the Tamarron entrance is quite impressive but reminds us of Las Vegas.
The fountain at the entrance reminds me more of The Bellagio water dance in their fountain. But the setting reminds me more of the waterfalls on the Anthem Parkway entrance to Anthem in Henderson.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:31 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,822,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1153 View Post
I think once Elyson opened Perry & DR Horton couldn’t get $300K+ in Ventana when you could buy in a master planned (Elyson)
Elyson is struggling to sell right now, except the cheaper homes. It's going to take a while to get that place going. Tamarron is a DR Horton community, tough to compete with the cheap DR Horton or Lennar Homes, they build them fast and cheap, and people don't seem to care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston