Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM

15 posts, read 30,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1101 View Post
Bridgeland resident here, when we first moved to Houston we originally looked at Fairfield until CherylJohns ^^ introduced us to the idea of Bridgeland. We were instantly converted, Fairfield is nice but to us Bridgeland just felt like more spacious and generally a nicer place to live.

The comment about the length of time to drive through the neigbourhood doesn't make sense to me, it will eventally by much larger than it is today and will have many different access points. Think about how long it takes to drive from one side of the Woodlands to the other.

When we first moved you could only access via House Hall or Fry but the drive along NBLPW is gorgeous, especially at sun set with the sun reflecting off the lakes.

Anyway there is now another entrance from Fry and an entrance off of 99, so depending which section your visiting you have a couple of options, although we live at the current most Westerly point and I reckon it maybe takes 7 minutes to drive to the main entrance on Fry.

Anyway for the OP, positives, great neighbours, plent of really nice walking/cycling trails, great amenities, (kayaks, pedal boats, are available to use at no cost, tennis courts, amazing pool complex with another year round heated lap pool close to completion, splash pads, kids play areas etc....), access to great schools, (new High School under construction), years of development ahead, regualr farmers markets, community events, (Spring Fest, Howloween, movies in the park...)

Negatives, slightly higher taxes, over zealous HOA.
Good info.

What do you think about the appreciation values in Bridgeland compared to Fairfield over the next 7 years or so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 10:10 AM

35 posts, read 60,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_7000 View Post
Good info.

What do you think about the appreciation values in Bridgeland compared to Fairfield over the next 7 years or so?
I'm no property expert, but what I can say is that our house based on others around us has appreciated 50% in 3 years. House prices in the new section, Hidden Creek are way higher for similar lot and sq ft sizes from when we bought, add to that the future planned retail development and I can only think that they must perform way better than Fairfield which is to all intents and purposes finished.

I've no idea what your budget is but I would say you well get much better value in Bridgeland now buying a re-sale than going new build in the new section, just from what I've seen. When we bought, it was the opposite, re-sales were few and far between and there was a glut of building going on. More through luck than design, we got in at the right time, but that doesn't mean it's the wrong time now.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 15,847 times
Another vote for Bridgeland. My family and I moved here from the Heights this past Summer. So far, nothing but great things to say about it. Home designs are fairly similar between the two, but Bridgeland just feels nicer. There is tons of development going on (new village center under construction now), with more planned. The fact that Bridgeland is being developed by the same group who developed the Woodlands was also appealing to us.

In terms of appreciation, we feel like it was a great move. The master plan calls for 4 "villages" (NW,SW,NE,SE) to be built - each with their own village center (shops, restaurants, etc). Eventually in the center of those 4 villages will be an enormous "town center". The hope is that it will be very similar in quality to the Woodlands.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1101 View Post
I'm no property expert, but what I can say is that our house based on others around us has appreciated 50% in 3 years. House prices in the new section, Hidden Creek are way higher for similar lot and sq ft sizes from when we bought, add to that the future planned retail development and I can only think that they must perform way better than Fairfield which is to all intents and purposes finished.

I've no idea what your budget is but I would say you well get much better value in Bridgeland now buying a re-sale than going new build in the new section, just from what I've seen. When we bought, it was the opposite, re-sales were few and far between and there was a glut of building going on. More through luck than design, we got in at the right time, but that doesn't mean it's the wrong time now.
Yeah new builds are very expensive. Aren't older homes (2007 or so) difficult to resale?

Old 09-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orozco8104 View Post
Another vote for Bridgeland. My family and I moved here from the Heights this past Summer. So far, nothing but great things to say about it. Home designs are fairly similar between the two, but Bridgeland just feels nicer. There is tons of development going on (new village center under construction now), with more planned. The fact that Bridgeland is being developed by the same group who developed the Woodlands was also appealing to us.

In terms of appreciation, we feel like it was a great move. The master plan calls for 4 "villages" (NW,SW,NE,SE) to be built - each with their own village center (shops, restaurants, etc). Eventually in the center of those 4 villages will be an enormous "town center". The hope is that it will be very similar in quality to the Woodlands.
How is Bridgeland as far as safety is concerned? I saw quite a few reports on crimereports.com

Old 09-17-2015, 12:22 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,021,220 times
Resale homes of any age don't last in Cypress. I sold my 2004 house 6k above asking in 2 days last year.

Quote:
Yeah new builds are very expensive. Aren't older homes (2007 or so) difficult to resale?

Old 09-17-2015, 12:24 PM

It's all petty crime, which is everywhere.

Quote:
How is Bridgeland as far as safety is concerned? I saw quite a few reports on crimereports.com

Old 09-17-2015, 12:41 PM

101 posts, read 118,666 times
We originally built in Coles Crossing (290 & Barker Cypress) back in 2003 and have enjoyed watching Cypress grow up. After moving out of state and now returning we looked at Bridgeland, Cypress Creek Lakes, Towne Lake, etc. We have friends in TL and BL who were recruiting heavily. Of these three I would guess that TL would appreciate the most. I would also guess that BL would appreciate more than FF over time.

The cons we had with BL was the smaller yards and the odd distribution of "Villages." Most master planned communities do a relatively good job of organizing the various price points/builders so that there is a gradual transition as the prices go up (ie you don't have the McMansions in the section next to the starter homes)...our opinion was that BL does a very poor job of planning this aspect of the development. Again, this is only an opinion, but as we wound our way through the various parts of BL we noticed that the there was quite a mix to how the different price points were plotted (across esplanades, neighboring "Villages", etc). Great if you are buying on the lower end but not so great if you are on the upper end. Perhaps when it is all said and done it will be a none issue but that was the impression we had.

Of the two the OP mentioned I would choose BL.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 15,847 times
Quote:
We have yet to have any issues. But we come from inner city, where petty theft and car break ins happen with great regularity. So we are kind of "trained" not to leave valuables in cars/garage doors open/etc. We received a neighborhood alert that there was a rash of car break ins a couple of months back, but again, we weren't affected. Other then that, I haven't heard of any other problems.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:59 PM

Speaking of Bridgeland

Cy-Fair campus planned in Cypress neighborhood - Prime Property
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston