Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:22 AM

657 posts, read 740,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB711 View Post
Yes we are leaving the NC beauty, but from what I have heard and researched there is a ton to do in Houston and the surrounding areas so we are looking forward to the adventure.
You will get along just fine with that attitude FAB. Welcome to the big city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:47 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,701 times
Check out the Longwood, Lakewood Glen, Lakewood Oaks Estates area neighborhoods. Big trees, outstanding schools, and located equidistant with great access to both 249 and 290. We also have great restaurants located in the neighborhood including 2 of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 (Mezzanote and Piqueo).

Old 09-06-2015, 05:27 PM

20 posts, read 61,692 times
I live in Northpointe/Tomball area. The schools cant be beat if you have kids. They just built two new schools, an elementary and an intermediate, and both are amazing. Teachers are great. Lots of kids and nice families in the area.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:04 AM

27 posts, read 25,003 times
Lakewood grove is a nice subdivision in the Tomball area. I just did an open house over there that pretty much matches your description...10k lot, near greenspace, next door to the park, media room under 300....

Old 09-07-2015, 07:39 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
My coworker moved to wildwood at north pointe. They love it.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 PM

100 posts, read 386,751 times
249 gets my vote! We also loved Klein ISD and if that doesn't work, you have many private school options.

Truthfully, ask yourself questions such as how many amenities in your neighborhood that you actually used, and would you really want to pay a hefty HOA fees in a master-planned community?

We used to lived in a master-planned and realized the only facility we used were the pool, and after we built a pool, we hardly used anything else. Also, to us, we like a blend of different socioeconomic groups of children in our school, our children learn to appreciate what they have and share with other children.

Like Mr. Football said, there are many other established communities nestled in mature trees setting.

Good luck and welcome!

Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 AM

53 posts, read 71,602 times
I hear a lot of good things about wildwood at north pointe. Great community and great schools. If you're not in a hurry, they're building new MPC called Wildwood at Oakcrest North zoned to Tomball Memorial HS but with lower tax. 2.9% I think. They just broke grounds, but should be ready to sell by end of this year. I recently bought in a new MPC called Hayden Lakes with the same tax % and same school zone as wildwood at north pointe. Hopefully it will be a nice community.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:51 PM

7 posts, read 9,695 times
Awesome, thank you all for your suggestions. After looking at probably 35 houses in total we settled on one in Lakewood Grove!

Unfortunately the appraisal came back lower than the contract price, so our search may continue ... yay house hunting!

Appreciate all of the suggestions. We don't want a private pool due to the wanting the yard space for dogs. So we are looking at communities that do have a pool. However, we are branching away from MPC's and looking at some of the others y'all mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions again and the warm welcome.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:27 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
I was going to suggest, a friend just put his home on the market in the Lakewood Grove area, but it has a pool. They did a great job in updating it though.

If this deal falls through, good luck on your search.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:29 AM

7 posts, read 9,695 times
Thank you! If anyone has any other subdivision suggestions please feel free to chime in. If the development has a community pool that is really the only amenity we will use.

Not living in Houston yet makes this all the more challenging, but oh well it's just another challenge to face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston