Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,971 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. I was going to ask if anyone knows the HOA information for woodbridge point houses but i will actually ask your thoughts on the parking first.
Actually, let me ask this question then tell me what your thoughts are?

I live near Lake Woodbridge Drive in sugar land tx And we have these new neighbors 3 houses down and the past week they have had about 12 cars parked in their driveway / on the road. The road is a 2 way road but now only a 1 way street because this specific house has cars parked on the road on their side of the house and on the opposite side. Whats worst, is this house is next to a stop sign so theres cars all near the stop sign (Theres actually 2 stop signs and both sides have cars near them). It is very frustrating but I have only been in Sugar Land 6 months myself and I have no friends or don't talk to any neighbors.
I feel everyone kind of keeps to themselves in this neighborhood but I am wondering what should I do about this situation?
Also because i am relatively new here, is this normal for the cars to be parked all up and down the street near peoples driveways entrance, infront of random signs and stop signs? Or am i just being paranoid. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 08:43 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,966 times
Talk to Sugar Land PD about the cars. They can usually do something.

I'd Google your neighborhood and HOA to find the number.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:52 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Maybe they had guests or a party? Are the cars there all the times?
Refer to your HOA regulations. You received a copy of a HOA when you moved into the house.

You can check the city ordinance here:
https://www.municode.com/library/tx/...A_S5-138PAREDI
You can also ask your question here:
https://www.sugarlandtx.gov/index.aspx?nid=1298

Old 10-22-2015, 10:50 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Previously I lived in a culdesac and my next door neighbor had 5 cars even though only 3 drivers lived there.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:55 PM

1,514 posts, read 1,792,570 times
Are the cars just sitting there all the time? Are they inoperable? Pretty sure that you can have inoperable vehicles towed if they haven't been moved in X days (if it comes to that). If they're only there once a week or so (book club, bible study, etc) just let it go.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:22 AM

37 posts, read 83,237 times
My wife told me sometime back that she went to the house of a lady from church , who lives in wood bridge estates on the other side of hwy6 and saw a lot of cars parked on the street and driveway. This family is from Nigeria and they export cars from here to Nigeria and keep these cars until they are shipped. I'm pretty sure this is something similar to that.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 PM

52 posts, read 63,867 times
Per the state driving handbook you can't park within 30ft of a stop sign, so I guess the police could give them a ticket or maybe have them towed if they're occupying that space.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:09 PM

109 posts, read 158,261 times
Ugh this seems to be a problem in the highway 6-west airport-west belfort area. The neighbors across the street from my parents run some kind of car business and have no less than 8 cars parked outside their home. My sisters neighborhood has cars parked all up and down the streets, it looks terrible.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,831 times
I once had a neighbor who owned a limo business. Imagine stretch limos, town cars and hummers parked around your house 24/7. We spoke to him but it wasn't his fault, the drivers kept coming to his home for some reason or another. My friend had this neighbor who went to the auctions and flipped cars on Craigslist. Some HOA are picky about this stuff, some really don't care

Old 10-26-2015, 07:52 AM

833 posts, read 1,886,305 times
If you live in a gated community then your HOA rules apply for street parking otherwise it a public street and they can park how many cars and wherever they like based on standard city laws.

The alternative is if they have that many cars is how many families are living in the home. Most HOA restrictions are limited to one family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston