Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 09:04 AM

37 posts, read 63,830 times

Advertisements

I'm likely moving to Katy soon and want to be close to the westpark tollway. I found a couple houses I like in Cardiff Ranch. I'm also looking a lot in Cinco Ranch (west of 99 generally). Any thoughts on these two areas and any significant differences that come to mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:14 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,004 times
Be aware that FM 1463 is a disaster during rush. Also it's going to be widened so that will be a nightmare as well. Lump that with all the construction and vehicles associated therein and it's even worse. Just FYI...

Old 04-08-2016, 09:49 AM

833 posts, read 1,885,775 times
If you want the Westpark why not look at Bella Terra or Westheimer Lakes depending on your price range? If you are worried about schools the new Fulshear middle school and high school open this year for Lamar ISD.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:51 PM

455 posts, read 524,933 times
I'm curious why you are looking west of 99. You can find sections of CR along Mason and Westpark. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the mess that is generally anything west of 99.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:33 PM

37 posts, read 63,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic0boom View Post
I'm curious why you are looking west of 99. You can find sections of CR along Mason and Westpark. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the mess that is generally anything west of 99.
Certainly open to east of 99. Just generally like the newer homes more, which often means west of 99. So is traffic that much better on eastside?

Old 04-11-2016, 07:26 AM

226 posts, read 306,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike650i View Post
Certainly open to east of 99. Just generally like the newer homes more, which often means west of 99. So is traffic that much better on eastside?
Eh, depends. Not really. Mason is a crap shoot any given time of any given day. Fry road is the same. If you can find a bargain on a house east of 99, then I wouldn't hesitate to look seriously at it. The neighborhoods may be older, but the trees and scenery are more pleasant than the "new freshness" of west 99 that is yet to develop environmentally (save for a few areas closer to 99). And a lot of homes east of 99 have been updated as well.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:32 AM

455 posts, read 524,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike650i View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the homes in CR near Westpark and east of 99 are 15 years old or newer. But i understand personal preference -- I am opposite of you and preferred the older homes in the established neighborhoods to the east of 99

To the question of traffic, it helps to pull up a map of the area. What you will see is the number of major streets with access to the major highways (10, 99, and Westpark) is more limited on the west side of 99. Currently, 1093 is one lane each way. So imagine all the people living on the west side of 99 getting on to 1093 in order to access Westpark. Even on a non-work day, the traffic can back up quite a bit. They are in the process of expanding Westpark closer into Fulshear, so you should see some of that traffic being alleviated, but that will be a few years before that happens.

Maybe you could try staying overnight at a hotel around Katy Mills and take the drive in the morning. Should give you a decent idea. Speaking with my brother-in-law who is in Cross Creek, it can be 20+ minutes in the morning just to get to the freeway (I-10). I'm near Peek and Westheimer Pkway, and while there will be traffic, i at least have 3+ ways of getting to I-10, whereas he pretty much has 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston